My Pneumonia and my treatment | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My Pneumonia and my treatment My Pneumonia and my treatment

Unread 05-16-2002, 11:40 AM
My Pneumonia and my treatment

Hi Girls. I wanted to fill you in partly because I am very frustrated and needed to vent, and also because I know you are all so supportive! I was in the hospital for the six days with pnuemonia the week my surgery and interanal radiation was scheduled. That was April 13th-19th. I went in to the internal dr. and my lungs were clear. (So, yeah, I would be rescheduled in two-four weeks)Then, I picked up my friend's children for her from school, because she was running late from work. I guess she figured since they were already here, and she was already late, that her and her man could run for sushi. Well, that was fine- until the 3 year old woke up with a raging fever at 7:30 p.m. So... I called mom and told her about the fever. She said-"I'll be there in a bit." I already have an 11, 9, and 15 month old, and had only been out of the hospital for about a week. I medicated her child, rubbed her back, and she went back to sleep. In the meantime, her other child fell ill. Called mom's cell phone no answer. Got everyone to sleep, checking on young one a lot with fever, and was afraid to go to sleep because I would not hear the door. At midnight, my friend was still not here. Finally reached her on cell and she told me she thought I would be asleep so she didn't call, and that they were out dancing. She wanted to come and pick them up, and I told her to get them in the AM that they were sick and to let them sleep. Sorry this is long... I am Venting-and some of you have already heard this story... Well- I ended up with the new virus and guess what- I have PNUEMONIA again!!!! My chest hurts so bad this time.

So after that long story, my fear and anxiety is really getting to me. I feel like those cancer cells that got into my vaginal wall are in there eating away! I won't/can't get clearance for treatment for at least thirty days, the earliest two weeks. Does anyone put there have friends and family that just don't get it???? HELLO- I need my radiation. I need my surgery! Why can't my friends and family understand this? Maybe I am scared? I guess because I don't usually whine or complain (just to my mother and here on hyster sisters) so my friends do not get it? What makes it even harder-is this is a close friend that does know the details of my health- she didn't even apologize. She just continued to ask me to watch her sick daughter because we were already exposed anyway. She actually asked if I could watch her because she had to go to a friend's house and visit, and her friend wouldn't be "very happy" if she brought her daughter over sick. Okay- I guess I am shock, but I am the cancer patient- post pneumonia-just out of the hospital person here!

My biggest question- has anyone's surgery or treatments been put off becuase of immno-suppression problems or illness? I hope I get over this soon, because they just will not put me under anesthesia with pneumonia! Thanks for listening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2002, 12:47 PM

s Leslie

You poor girl!!!! This must be so frustrating for you. I think it's time to get very selfish and make yourself the number one priority for awhile. And truthfully it's really not being selfish. First I would read the riot act to this friend. Then it is time to settle in with your own family only. Immediate family that is. Keep all others away for a month. You are exposed to enough just by your own children. Then rest, rest, rest and eat as healthy as can be.
Hopefully radiation is just around the corner. Try not to imagine those cancer cells. When I was diagnosed with ovca by very large tumors on my ovaries, I had to wait seven weeks for surgery. My platelet count was too high to do the surgery safely. So on some level I do understand your frustration.
Stay strong!!!

s karenann
Unread 05-16-2002, 02:40 PM

Yep... like Karen says , I would be reading the riot act to this 'friend' . How selfish !!!!!!!!!!!

You have to put yourself FIRST at this time because if you dont , you will not get well enough to have this treatment.

I know what you mean about the cancer eating away at your vagina . I had an 8 week wait til my radiation could start and each day I would ring the radiologist to see if I could start . He assured me that the cancer would not spread that quickly. I suggest you go have a chat to the oncologist or radiologist and tell them of your fears. They will be able to allay those fears.

Leslie, try to turn the imagining of the cancer cells around to your benefit. Instead of them invading the vagina, imagine something is in there eating or cleaning them up ( I know it sounds crazy ) but visualization does help .

Please look after yourself . We do worry about you so much and I have you tucked into my

And remember Shelley is not far away and if we have to, we will send her over in the disguise of the to make you rest.

Love and hugs always to you Leslie x x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2002, 02:49 PM
What's the Old Saying..

with friends like that--who needs enemies! Anyway--the others are right--for now (and for a long time if need be) YOU are number one. You need to rest and get strong so you can get that surgery and then radiation. Pneumonia is dangerous so you need to get over that and in good enough shape for the anesthesia. Then you'll have those cancer cells quaking in their boots and fighting each other to get out of you for good!
Unread 05-16-2002, 03:23 PM
Hi Les

Robyn is right I may come by with my billy club... so I can go after your friends.

Anyway please get some rest and get to feeling better soon. I will call ya soon. I've been busy celebrating mday then by B'Day and this weekend is the Big Blues Festival. Wish you were coming with me.

Well you need to get well cuz before the end of the summer I want to be able to call and say surf's up girlfriend, let's got to the beach! Did I ever tell you I wanted to be Gidget when I grew up? Can't you just see it?!?

Unread 05-16-2002, 04:52 PM
THANKS!!!

I knew you all would cheer me up! Been crying all morning. I don't know Shelley, I am not recognizable to people here in Laguna, as I keeping gaining weight (seven pounds since last week) gotta love those steroids. So I hope I can hang ten with you this summer when I deflate some!!!!! Thanks to all of you who responded. I really appreciate it. Please come with Billy club's, my friend is a butthead!!! Anyone welcome!!!!

Seriously, though, you all made me happy again. Thank you and s and
Unread 05-16-2002, 06:25 PM

Leslie, You have to take care of yourself. She is no friend. Friends do not treat each other like that. You have your children and yourself to worry about first. Get well and get in there and fight those cancer bugs*punch*

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register