Enlighten Me - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-16-2002, 06:57 PM
Enlighten Me

Hi, Amy -

Just wanted to send you a hug! Like Cath, I also have thyroid cancer (discovered JUST before my hyst), which I'm in the process of undergoing treatment for, and I know how scary the "c" word is, whether or not it seems to be contained. But, as others said, many cancers are pretty well contained, and I'll be sending postive thoughts that yours is. I do recommend getting into some support group for cancer here or on Yahoo..as with hystersisters, it is SO valuable to talk to people going through what you are. And, like Cath - please feel free to contact me by private message if I can help!

Cheers,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2002, 02:46 AM
Enlighten Me

Hi

Will be sending best wishes to you. You have already gotten some good suggestions and the one I did my self was to read as much as I could. I hope you have a good physician, and again I will be sending good thoughts your way.

Sincerely,

Shoney K
Unread 05-17-2002, 03:43 AM
Enlighten Me

Dear Amy,

's

Welcome to Hystersisters.

I am so glad that you found us - you will find that there are a lot of resources here, and that you will have lots and lots of support from everyone.

Here is a link to the Cancer Concern forum - the ladies there are very knowledgeable and loving and will be able to give you additional support.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...p?s=&forumid=6

Please keep on reading and posting - we're here for you.

's

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2002, 05:39 AM
Enlighten Me

Hi there Amy, I thought I would pop over and say hi to you and invite you over to CANCER CONCERNS , a special forum for ladies who are facing a hyster but also have the added worry of cancer.

We all know what you are going through right now, it is a frightening thing to be facing. Dont ever think you are alone in all of this, we are all here for you. Sending love and hugs to you at this emotional time
Unread 05-17-2002, 05:41 AM
{{{Amy}}}

Oh sweetie, what a rough time and to find out right before your birthday! I had uterine cancer, too. Mine was contained and I did not have to have follow up radiation or chemo, just an organ wash {chemo solution} at the time of surgery. Sounds like they caught it early. Normally it is a slow growing cancer and a hyst is all that is needed to 'cure' you.

Please come over to Cancer Concerns. There are lots of us over there in various stages of recovery/pre surgery and just diagnosed or recent surgery. We will welcome you with open arms there and give lots of support throughout your journey. Cancer is so frightening, but it can be beat! Let us help you as you walk this road. We all understand where you are because we have all been there {and some are still in treatment} and we all can relate to your fears.

It's going to be ok, sweetie. We are here for you. This is a time for pampering and being easy on yourself. I hope to see you on the Cancer Concerns forum for lots of 's.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

kaatie
Unread 05-17-2002, 06:56 AM
Enlighten Me

Hi and welcome to Hyster Sisters!

I only had 7 days notice to prepare! I still don't know how I got it all done.

Have you read the pull-down menus on the main page yet? www.hystersisters.com There is a lot of information on this site and those menus helped me answer questions and gather questions for me to ask my doctor.

Please change your surgery date in your profile as we want to make sure to have enough brownies and tea on the post-op side!

Did you know we have a chat room? Please follow this link to learn more about chatting! https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/ann...?s=&forumid=23

Sara
Unread 05-17-2002, 10:51 AM
Hi Amy

I am so glad you found Hystersisters. This is just the best place for great support and information.

I too had endometrial cancer. As others have said it is a very slow growing and contained cancer. For most of us, including myself the hysterectomy is the cure. We don't need any further treatment such as chemo or radiation. We really are lucky in that regard.

I felt better now than I had in along time. I had not only suffered from heavy periods and anemia but it seemed that right before my diagnosis I caught every flu and cold that went around. It is so nice to feel good again. And I haven't been sick since.

Please drop into Cancer Concerns if you would like. We are also going to have a Cancer Concerns Chat next Thursday evening. Check out the board for the final time etc. You will also need to download AIM for any of the chat's. Insructions are at the top of the pre-op forum page.

You are going to come through this and do just fine. I know it is scary now. But remember many of us have come through this and you will too. Please feel free to email me anytime.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register