Hi having hysterectomy on June 5th | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hi having hysterectomy on June 5th Hi having hysterectomy on June 5th

Unread 05-16-2002, 12:59 PM
Hi having hysterectomy on June 5th

I am new to this place and would like to say hello to everyone.I am having a complete hysterectomy on June 5th .I am nervous about it some what because I am only 27 yrs old and don't know what to expect afterwards. I was on here looking for advice and people that I can chat and relate to on this matter . I hope to hear back from you guys soon.. Have a great day!!! Audrey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2002, 01:27 PM
June 5th Hyster

MsAudrey74:

I am having a complete hysterectomy on June 4th... TAH/BSO... taking everything. I found this website about a month ago and it has answered so many of my questions that I'm much calmer about it now than I was. You are pretty young so you must have some major problems. I have worst case of endometriosis my doctor has ever seen and I have been crying for about 6 months for him to test me. He finally did and he feels bad that he had me wait so long. I am still a little nervous but at least I know what to pack for my trip to the castle and what to have ready at home thanks to this site. Read as much as you can. It will really help you prepare for your pre-op and post-op. Good luck on the 5th. I will post my recovery notes as soon as I can.

Nancy
Unread 05-16-2002, 01:34 PM
I am having surgery June 5th also!

Hello fellow Hystersister! I am scheduled for the 5th as well. I am having an LAVH (laproscopically assisted vaginal hyst) but keeping my ovaries.
I found this site at the end of April and was I ever glad to!
It has helped a lot with my decision. I am 32 with two ds's. And we were sure we were done having kids, but with the *choice* being taken away from me, I was a little freaked out. VERY emotional. I am still emotional, but it REALLY helps to have sisters to talk to! Women who know what we are going through.
If you ever want to talk, email me!!! I would be so glad to have someone to keep in touch with until the big day!!!
s

Kelley

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2002, 01:54 PM
Welcome Audrey!

I've been reading this site since March, when my dr. first suggested a hysterectomy. I'm 33 and like you, done having children, but still hearing the option taken away from you always shocks your system! I'm scheduled for a TVH on the 14th of June, so now I'm working on getting my house and business in order, for my extended vacation!

You'll love this site! The sisters take you in and really help you make the transition from lady in waiting to princess, after your visit to the castle.

Sending welcoming s to you!
Unread 05-16-2002, 07:18 PM

Ms Audrey74
I was 25 when I had my TAH -are you having both ovaries removed? I was able to keep one for about 5 years. But 3 weeks ago under went a laporoscopy that turned into needing to remove the last ovary. I am now trying to figure out these hormones at 31! Recovering takes time I remember 6-8 weeks and depending on if you have it done vaginally or abdominally I think it would feel different. Just remember there are lots of people out here who have been through it and know what you are going through. I have found this website just days ago and have learned a lot and feel a little better about what I am going through. I hope you find it to be informative and supportive too.
Unread 05-17-2002, 02:37 AM

Hi

I had a complete in October of last year. Mine went very well and part of it had to do with talking with other women who had the same surgery. I feel better now than I have in the last 5 years or so. Please let me know if there are any specific questions that you have.

Sincerely,

Shoney K
Unread 05-17-2002, 04:07 AM

MsAudrey74

Welcome to Hystersisters!! Did you know that we have a chat room? You can find information about how to get into Chat here in this link:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/ann...?s=&forumid=23

The main page of Hystersisters has hints for pre- and post-op ladies - you can read them by clicking onto the 3 Princesses at the top left of this screen, then scrolling down toward the bottom of the screen. I think you will find a lot of information there that will help.

Please be sure to come back and ask questions - we'll do our best to help.

's

Karen
Unread 05-17-2002, 04:55 AM

Hi and welcome to Hyster Sisters!

Like Karen suggested, read the pull-down menus on the main page. www.hystersisters.com There is a lot of information on this site and those menus helped me answer questions and gather questions for me to ask my doctor.

Sara
Unread 05-17-2002, 05:13 AM

Hi Ms Audrey!

I had a total abdominal hysterectomy and one ovary removed a couple weeks ago. I was scared, scared, scared, but you know what? The worst part of it all was in my imagination. So, put your mind at rest. This site was a great big help, too, because the sisters share their experiences and give so much support. I would have been more scared if it had not been for this site.

You really won't feel a thing. You go to the hospital, they do the surgery, and when you wake up you can't believe it's over! I was never at any time more than slightly uncomfortable, and before surgery I had times where I was in absolute agony from pain. I'd rather have 100 hysterectomies than one episode of the pain I'd had.

You won't feel like dancing or running marathons, but just rest and take it very easy, and you will do just fine. I've heard over and over again how you'll start feeling better and push your limits. I can vouch for that. I overdid either the walking or the bending a couple days ago, and could feel it.

I know it's natural to be scared, but there really is no reason to be. I wish you the best, and will be thinking and praying for your speedy and uneventful recovery!

Unread 05-17-2002, 05:29 AM

Well gosh, I feel like the old lady here. I had my surgery 4 months ago and am still learning from this site. Just wanted to say "welcome MsAudrey". I love the pull down menus. I referred to them daily during my recovery. You found this site ahead of time so you will be loaded with information prior to surgery you lucky girl. I went in"blind", didn't find this until I was home. Just wanted to send you a Karlene
PS. I have a 27 yr. old son, are you married?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register