"Castle Goodie" baskets - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

"Castle Goodie" baskets "Castle Goodie" baskets

Unread 05-16-2002, 06:57 PM
???

Can someone tell me, do I put these out on the tray for visitors and staff to help themselves to? Or do I give them to the nurses and staff as I arrive? Or do I give them to the nurses and staff as I leave?

It sounds like a GREAT idea. I am just so discombobulated that I don't know if I can pull it off unless I have it taken care of beforehand... I really am an organizational nut.

I thought that a HUMONGOUS bag of hersheys candy from Costco would be a good idea....then possibly all of the shifts will get some, not just the shift that is there when I leave it. Chocolate is definitely the way to go!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2002, 07:05 PM
"Castle Goodie" baskets

I had chocolates and hard candies. Individually wrapped is the way to go. I just put them in a big plastic bowl I brought from home and set them as near to the door as I could - whenever a nurse came in, I reminded them of it and told them to tell the other nurses, too. Even the ones who didn't want to eat candy appreciated the gesture. When I was up walking around, I brought it down the hall and offered it to them all. I know I'd have gotten equally excellent care at this place without them, but it was a good way to say thanks (saying it with words will be very appreciated, too).

Cheers,
Unread 05-16-2002, 07:30 PM
Sounds like fun :)

I can't wait to start making my suck up basket! How big of a basket do you recommend? I'm a Longaberger collector, but I probably should buy a less expensive, yet cute basket, so they can keep it??

Should there be other stuff besides candy? I have some lotion bar samples from another direct sales company. I could put those in. What do you think?

BTW... what are the smiley stickers on the belly for? I think I missed something somewhere!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2002, 07:36 PM
Hi Cyndi and All New LIW

The stickers were a trademark trend that started with the following thread:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...light=stickers

Check it out, then go buy your smiley stickers!!

s

Lisa
Unread 05-16-2002, 08:05 PM
"Castle Goodie" baskets

i have been out pricing godiva chocolate-biscuts. the price is not bad--and as everyone says we are not in there that long. i plan on buying a box and refills for second and third shift. janice72
Unread 05-16-2002, 08:31 PM
"Castle Goodie" baskets

What sort of sticker location would you suggest for the gals having vaginal hysterectomies???
Unread 05-16-2002, 08:36 PM
With a vaginal hyst,

I'd probably put the sticker on top of the upper thigh. Or on the inside of the thigh.

Any other suggestions from anyone brave enough to try this?
Unread 05-17-2002, 10:10 AM
ROFL!!!!

I am absolutely hysterical about the hyster-stickers! This definitely needs to be at the mall! It should be pink or purple with a crown!

I will definately need to find a sticker to put on my belly!
Unread 05-17-2002, 05:56 PM
Smilies

That's on cool term, "hyster-stickers"! I think that will work!

Pinkie
Unread 05-17-2002, 06:22 PM
"Castle Goodie" baskets

well--I hadn't thought about a "suck up basket" for the hospital staff---i'm just so focused on my surgery and getting thru the hospital stay---but what the heck, I think I'll bring along a basket of goodies for the staff. Being from the medical field, I do know it means alot for the nurses and doctors to feel appreciated!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register