I'm baaaaaack | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm baaaaaack I'm baaaaaack

Unread 05-17-2002, 08:14 AM
I'm baaaaaack

Trip to the castle was entertaining

Results?
2 ovaries the size of baseballs with "old" endo + cysts, and they were adhering to each other as well as uterus. Dr believes previous laps may have caused more damage than they repaired.

The worst part wasn't the gas, it was 1. inability to breathe due to morphine and 2. it was getting out of bed for the first time at 3:30am and being made to sit in a chair for 3 hours sans tummy pillow. Did not get any attention from yon nurses that were avoiding our side of the hall because of a doofy guy named Al. Hubby had to get big and buff with people to keep me from dying due to the morphine, so GLAD he was there!!!! Horror story to come soon!

Meanwhile, the pillow police have a warrant out for my arrest, so I need to skeedaddle

Love and s to all!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2002, 08:18 AM
I'm baaaaaack

Welcome home.........congratulations!!

What was the "sit in chair for three hours" about?

Rest now......... and tell your story when you are up to it!

YOU DID IT! That's the best part!
xo DonnaFay
Unread 05-17-2002, 08:19 AM
Weldome back

Starwalk,

Welcome home. We're so glad everything was entertaining. You have such a good attitude!

Please get plenty of rest, drink lots and walk a little. And when you are feeling up to it, tell us all about your stay. It sounds like a story worth retelling.

Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2002, 08:20 AM
I'm baaaaaack

So glad you are home! Sorry the castle trip wasn't a pleasant one (as pleasant as one can be). Good for your hubby for becoming "big and buff", and demanding care. I am appalled that the nurses can get away with that. Hopefully, you will better soon since you are at home in your own bed. Take care!

Tammy
Unread 05-17-2002, 09:42 AM
I'm baaaaaack

Glad to hear you are home safe and sound. I see that you are from Colorado---where are you? I am in Conifer, Colorado.
What hospital were you in that had the poor attention from nurses??? Hope it's not the same on I am gong to!

Good luck on a speedy recovery!
Unread 05-17-2002, 11:07 AM
err

I was in St Joseph's..

My horror story is mostly mine, and everyone is different. I had bad drug reactions that were totally unexpected as I hadn't reacted that way when on them previously. My stay definitely taught me the value of a tummy pillow (get yours in the HS Store!!), and a good water bottle (BIG!!).

Doctors seem to like those treats quite a bit as well as the nurses, after dh dragged them out, I was always looked after LOL

I'm doing much better now!

Unread 05-17-2002, 01:56 PM
I'm baaaaaack

Hi

Good to see you posting girlie!! I'm sorry for your horror story!!

Glad you are home!! Doesn't your crown look pretty??!!

Please remember your training, rest, walk, drink and rest some more. We'll be waiting for you on the post-op board when you are ready, no rush!

Sara
Unread 05-17-2002, 02:02 PM
I'm baaaaaack

I'm so glad to hear you are home. I can't believe the nurses were avoiding yall and made you sit in a chair for 3 hrs. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Now just rest and relax.
Gina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register