Cranberry juice | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cranberry juice Cranberry juice

Unread 05-17-2002, 08:30 AM
Cranberry juice

OK, I know this is not a huge issue, compared to HRT choices and other questions, but I'm down to the little details now.

I picked up some cranberry juice blends for my post-op pampering. I wanted to get some Ocean Spray cranberry juice blends in box drink size for dh to bring me at the hospital and haven't been able to locate them anywhere! I did find some nice little 8 oz. bottles, but really thought the boxes would be more convenient. Does anyone know if they still make them and I just haven't been to the right store? I even went online to oceanspray.com and didn't see the boxes at all! What is this world coming to??

Thanks.

Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2002, 08:54 AM
Cranberry juice

Cranberry juice. Ugh. I know it's good for you, and I love cranberry sauce, but I've never developed a taste for it in any form of liquid.

You may be able to find the drink boxes at either a larger store, or a bulk foods place such as Sam's Club etc. They usually have stuff you don't find at regular stores.

You might also find a dispenser container that you can fill and set in the fridge and just pull a spout to fill a glass. I have old Kool-aid containers like that, don't know if anyone makes something like that now.

Bottles may be your best bet for hospital. (Cranberry juice! Ick.)
Unread 05-17-2002, 09:08 AM
Boxes? Hmm....

Teddy 54,
I personally love cranberry juice, but have never seen it the way you described. I am a avid Sam's Club member and have only seen it there in your Large bottle containers. In fact, I have been to one of their factories outside Henderson, Nevada (They give tours there and sell anything you ever wanted from Ocean Spray) and I do not remember box containers. If they have feedback at Oceanspray.com you might suggest. You never know... Cranberry juice in the mugs...of course
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2002, 09:23 AM
Cranberry juice

Hospitals are supplyed with cranberry juice, just asked your nurse and they'll bring some for you. Don't worry about schleping it to the hospital.
Unread 05-17-2002, 09:38 AM
Cranberry Juice or Cocktail?

You have to be very careful, because cranberry juice cocktail isn't pure juice and it's the pure juice you want if you're drinking it to avoid UTIs.

I went shopping last night for my own post-op groceries and had a difficult time finding the pure juice, not the watered down stuff. I bought two bottles (prune juice too) and then bought a couple of drink containers to pour half the bottle in because I suspect the big bottle is over the 5 lb. lifting limit.

I did see some small cartons of the cranberry cocktail, but not the pure juice.

Lisa
Unread 05-17-2002, 09:54 AM
Bring on the extract!

I DESPISE cranberry juice. With all the bladder test I have had lately I have been using cranberry extract pills. I swear by these. My F-I-L is disabled and prone to UTI's. I asked him to please consider the extract as he also hates the juice. That was 3 years ago. This man use to have UTI's about every three months. He has not had one since. He takes it daily and if he feels like a UTI is coming, he takes the maximum does for a couple of days!
Unread 05-17-2002, 10:06 AM
Hmmm

I'll have to check out the health food store in the mall next Monday and see if they have cranberry extract pills.

(Or maybe I'll just mix the cranberry juice with the prune juice and create a horrible tasting, let's-just-drink-it-all-at-once-and-get-it-over-with, hold-your-nose-and-swallow concoction.)
Unread 05-17-2002, 10:10 AM
You are a NUT!! LOL

Cran/Prun juice UGH!
My dear,
These days Walmart and Grocery stores carry these wonderful supplements! I swear by them. I DO NOT take as much as the bottle says to though. And I have only been taking them during the bladder testing, and probably before and a few days following surgery just as a preventative. Good luck! You really crack me up, ya know.
Unread 05-17-2002, 11:48 AM
Cranberry juice

Yes, the hospital should have cranberry juice available for you.
I did alot of cranberry/rasberry juice cocktail and it worked just fine.
Also did half and half with my water. Makes the water go down a little easier too.
Unread 05-17-2002, 05:04 PM
Cranberry juice

Hmm, I won't have to drink the juice but can take pills instead? Cool! Guess I'd better ask the doctor though. (Note to self ... add this question to the endless list)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register