This was too easy! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

This was too easy! This was too easy!

Unread 05-19-2002, 09:37 AM
This was too easy!

This has been too easy! This is 4 days post op and I feel great. I came home from the hospital the day after surgery. I have been out to eat dinner twice and to breakfast once. If I feel this good now, I cant imagine how bad boredom will be not being able to drive for 4 weeks.

I had a TVH,BSO and had the spinal morphine drip. Has anybody had that? The itching for 24 hours after is awful, but it beats being nauseated I guess. The only pain I have had has been the catheter and the drain. Once they came out and I was able to get my bladder working again, everything has been fine. Scary!!!!

My DH has taken the week off and has been at my beck and call! He played golf today, so I can finally get up off the couch without him after me to sit! I have walked everyday and not gotten too tired, no bleeding, no gas!!! I have to keep reminding myself, that I did have major surgery and I have to pamper myself. Hope everybody else does well.

Judy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2002, 09:46 AM
This was too easy!

OH!! I love this last post.. I love to hear success stories!! Thank you. (Surg 6-10)
Unread 05-19-2002, 09:51 AM
This was too easy!

Wow! you are doing great. I am very impressed that you plan to still act like a newly crowned princess. That is sooooo important.

Some have breezed all the way through (behaving, of course)! Others of us have "felt" the surgery more a little later.

One explanation is that there are possibly still some meds from the anesthesia in your system. My "A" man said it would take 2 weeks for one of the meds he used to be completely gone. I noticed when that happened at the beginning of week 3 !

Your cautious attitude will pay off. Do very light things to keep the boredom away. I won't go into detail as you seem to know about that.

I had the morphine drip, but not the itching. Sorry you had to have that. My itching came from the ster-strips and later, the yeast infection. I did get my share, I guess.

Here's to a smooth recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2002, 09:57 AM
Judy

Glad to hear you are feeling terrific! Maybe it has something to do with the name JUDY. I had a TAH/BSO on May 1 and am now 2 1/2 weeks post-op. I had my staples removed on day 2 and was sent home. I was sleeping on my stomach by night 5 and driving on day 10. My doc said the driving was fine as long as I was not taking any pain meds and as long as I could step on the brake in a hurry if needed. I actually walked out of the hospital by myself as they could not find a wheelchair! My 16 year old son was waitng out in front in his very low Honda SI. The ride home was not uncomfortable at all nor was riding in a car the first week home. I think there are lots of us who have very easy recoveries. Unfortunately, not too many post! Hang in there and do remember to get rest! I am soooooo bored - have finished many books, jigsaw puzzles and grading of term papers (I teach 8th grade). Hopefully you will find yourself driving soon!!!

JUDY
Unread 05-19-2002, 12:50 PM
Love to hear good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't tell you how great it is to hear such good news! I am so happy for you that this went so well and that you are being very smart by still remembering to take it easy, since yes, it was major surgery. It reminds me of my C with my DS. I was released from the castle on x-mas eve and partied all through the holidays like nothing happened! My Hyst, well that's another story...but I'm a little older also!!(he he). Sooooo happy for you!! Love, Tickles
Unread 05-19-2002, 02:44 PM
This was too easy!

I felt well right afterward as well (pun?) and have continued to progress well -- but don't over do it ---- you want to continue to do well! Best wishes and here's hoping you continue to do well -- if you like reading, try reading really absorbing escapist books - it really helped keep my hind quarters where they belonged (resting).
Unread 05-19-2002, 05:11 PM
This was too easy!

Hey, Judy, glad to hear things went smoothly for you. My surgery was on the 1st, and I came home 3 days later, but I felt as though I could've left the next day. And I walked out of the hospital too, just like JudyAnne, because nobody offered me a wheelchair and I didn't have far to walk. I thought the same thing you did, that this is too easy. Based on how I felt, my doctor cleared me to go back to work on the 13th. In retrospect, I wish I'd gone back part-time instead of full-time. I understand now that I felt so great because all I was doing at the time was resting. I also thought it was going to be easy because I had so little pain afterwards, but now I understand that the pain can still come and go. So I'm glad to hear that your intention is to keep taking it easy. My stepmother told me that I'd have good days and bad days. Be thankful for the good ones, but know that there will likely be bad ones. Take it as slow and easy as you possibly can for as long as you can.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register