The Right Decision? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The Right Decision? The Right Decision?

Unread 05-21-2002, 07:32 AM
The Right Decision?

WoW! what a great web site, thank you all for replying to my post.

I can see I am not alone, This is so great, I have been reading and researching and have found out lots of info.

I have another dr appt 5/22. I will find out all the pros and cons and the ins and outs. With the help of this site I now have a very long list of questions for my dr, thank you all so much. I felt so alone with my problem but I see there alot of us LIW out there.
I am so nervious and having horrible dreams unable to sleep.
Hopefully the dr can calm alot of my fears for me.

God Bless You All
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2002, 07:52 AM
The Right Decision?

I will have to wait a while before I know how my HRT works out in the long run (Vivelle Dot .05), but so far I am glad I had the hysterectomy, and even glad that my doctor went with the abdominal hysterectomy rather than doing months of Lupron treatment to shrink the fibroid to a size that would allow for vaginal hysterectomy. My original doctor in March 2000 (before I moved across the state line) said BCP wouldn't help because at that point my uterus was already as big as a 17 week pregnancy, and the BCP were only good on fibroids less than 12 week size. (I had to wait for the hyst. since then due to insurance having a waiting period for coverage of pre-existing conditions, so the fibroid had a while to grow in the meantime.) I will be comparing notes from here on out with my sister, who had somewhat smaller fibroids than mine. Her doctor tried her on BCP but they didn't help, so she had uterine arterial embolization in March. So far she still has heavy periods, although not as bad as before. In that respect the hyst. rates higher than the UAE, especially since my recovery so far has not been as bad as I expected.
Unread 05-21-2002, 05:12 PM
castle buddy!!

Hi there! Seems like we have a day in common.
Just wanted to say that I too second guess my decision. But then what happens? I am "gently" reminded by the pains, the cramps and the bleeding that I am making the right decision. I just cant continue this way of a non-life anymore.
A few posts ago someone wrote that their life seems regulated as to when their period starts...its the same with me. My visitor "George", (as my daughters and I so lovingly have named it, since we never came up with Aunt Flo, lol!) is constantly with me, constantly on my mind...when someone says "lets do this", my mind shoots off to "hmmmm, will George be visiting?" Its going to be nice not to have to worry, not to have to have my life ruled by this. And...I can wear white!!!! I have never ever in my life dared to do so.
Hope to keep in touch with you and compare notes of the pre-op and the fears and joys that come up before our castle date.
Take care,

Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2002, 05:18 PM
The Right Decision?

ezluvnz, it's hard to say whether YOU jumped too fast, but I jumped faster. He said it was a possibility and I said YES YES YES. It was immediately scheduled for 6/4. I have been bleeding since 3/24. A lot less time than you and I can see no reason to go on hormones to delay it. GET IT OUT OF THERE AND STOP THE NONSENSE. But that's just my personal opinion.

TC

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register