Update on my mom - still at point 0 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Update on my mom - still at point 0 Update on my mom - still at point 0

Unread 05-21-2002, 03:03 PM
Update on my mom - still at point 0

Hello ladies,

I hoped to be able to update you on my mom's situation - but, unfortunately, she was not told the results of her colposcopy, Pap-smear - which were done 5 weeks post-op.

The doctor at the rehab clinic was pretty sure ( at least, that's what she told my mom that she would have them today by 1 p.m.). Then, my mom was supposed to see her, but she was in a meeting and the nurse told my mom that the results are not in yet and that her stay at the rehab - clinic will be extended until next week and she is supposed to see the GYN tomorrow ( initially, that was the plan last week , as well, but the other doc told my mom that she phoned and wanted to rush the results in and have them in time, so my mom could use her return ticket tomorrow and come back to me, to Canada).

Now, the situation with the ticket is OK ( we will find a solution for this ), but I am scared that they all know the results and I am scared what they are going to be - tomorrow... The only thing I know which my mom told me is - her blood markers were all OK. We don't know anything in re. to the U/S ( upper stomach ), colposcopy and Pap-test results.

I am so scared and devastated and I think so is my mom, deep inside...

Please, if you could keep my mom in your prayers - I would really, really appreciate it. Her name is Duda.

God bless you all, and I'll update you, as soon as I know more.

Love,

Lana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2002, 03:09 PM

Hi Lana, I am having a hard time here understanding why no one is telling your mum what the results are . But I am sure if they were bad , she would know by now . Maybe every one is so busy , they are prioritising . I know that is no excuse for keeping your mum in suspense but unfortunately this is what happens .

So , I will keep her in my prayers . And please let us know what happens. You take care of you as well .
Unread 05-21-2002, 03:49 PM

Hi Robyn,

The results are supposed to come from another lab - and my mom was told last week that it takes at least 7-8 days for the results to come back.

Then this other doc who is not a GYN wanted to do my mom a favour and asked that the results be rushed in today - this, apparently was not possible, so instead of meeting her a second time, my mom was told by the nurse that she will have the GYN visit, either tomorrow or on Thursday and that she has to stay this entire week ( which my mom assumed even last week, since they told her that it takes up to 7-8 days for the results to come back ).

Anyway, I am panicking and I am the worst fears that she may have mets or will need further treatments like radiation or even chemo ( although her GYN and GYN/Surgeon said this would not be needed in her case).

Thank you for keeping her in your prayers - it's greatly appreciated, Robyn !!!

Love and hugs,

Lana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2002, 03:52 PM
Mom is Now on My List

I have so many I pray for that I just refer to "my list." Whenever I'm at the hospital, for myself or for volunteer work, I go to the chapel and say four prayers: one Jewish, one Christian, one Islamic, and one for all who are of other beliefs. So your Mom is now on my permanent list.

I hope she gets her results quickly and that they're favorable.

Unread 05-21-2002, 03:56 PM

Hi Lana,
I am so sorry your mom is having to wait for infomation. I am also sorry she is so very far away from you right now, and I hope that if it turns out she does require any further treatment that she can wait and have that when she comes back here to Canada with you. But hopefully she will not require anything further. Its very scary having loved ones ill so far away, and I am sure she wants to be here with you as well. Hopefully she has family members with her there in Germany while she goes through this.

Does your mom have a doctor here in Canada? If so perhaps they can place a phone call and find out what is going on over there.

I will keep you, your mom, and your family in my prayers Lana. Hopefully they won't make her wait too much longer, and she can get back here to Canada with you and continue with her recovery.
Big hugs!!
Maria
Unread 05-21-2002, 04:08 PM

Hi Lana, we all panic when waiting for results and always think the worse.

I too have a prayer list, like Margaret and when I say my prayers , I mention ' the hystersisters that are on my prayer list ' so , your mum has been added . I will say one for you too
Unread 05-21-2002, 04:44 PM

Dear ladies, my new friends,

Thank you for your support and your on-going praying for my mom.

I am glad, I have you here - it's a huge relief to know that there are people out there who, although very far away, are so close by !!!

Thank you so many times and God bless,

Lana

P.S. I hope I will be able to update you tomorrow.
Unread 05-21-2002, 05:41 PM

s Lana and Duda

Your mom is so fortunate to have you for her daughter. Hopefully she will be in Canada with you soon. You'd most likely feel better if you could just see her. Not knowing exactly what is going on is definitely the hardest part. Be patient a little longer. Hopefully no treatment will be necessary, but if it is needed you and your mom will get the strength and courage needed.
Are you doing any research into who her docs will be when she finally arrives to be with you? Keep in touch.

s karenann
Unread 05-21-2002, 05:48 PM

Thanks for your reply, Karenann,

Yes, I think I will throw a party for the entire neighbourhood, the day when my mom comes back to me.

You are right - I should investigate who would be the right doc for my mom here, in Canada. Unfortunately, I am not blessed with the best GYN ( had a miscarriage myself last year and some things could have been different, just if I had an earlier U/S...)

I appreciate your advise, re. finding the docs, here. By the way, my mom is a visitor to Canada - so we have to pay for all the treatments and she is getting reimbursed by her insurance in Germany.

Anyway, thanks for the tip and for your support - it means a lot to me !!!

Love,

Lana
Unread 05-21-2002, 06:04 PM

DEAR LANA,
OH, PLEASE DON'T WORRY SO ABOUT YOUR MOM. I KNOW
IT'S A HARD THING TO DO BUT YOU MUST CONSIDER THAT
IF SHE DOESN'T NEED ANY TREATMENT THAN THAT'S A GOOD THING, WAIT ALITTLE LONGER, IT WON'T BE FOREVER!!

SHE WILL BE FINE, JUST HAVING YOU AS HER BACK-UP SHE HAS TO BE!!

WAITING IS THE HARDEST PART OF ALL , I KNOW.
YOU'LL GET THE NEWS SOON. IT WILL BE O.K. I'M SURE.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register