Pre op apt. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-21-2002, 05:08 PM
Pre op apt.

Well I had my doctor apt. at 1:30 today. He said I'm having a total hysterectomy. He is going to do it through my stomach. He said he is going to take my uterus, tubes, ovaries and cervix. I am glad cause my ovaries must know that they will so be gone so they are giving my a heck of a time this past week. He said I will be in the hospital till Sat. morning. I have to be at the hospital at 6am. I want be having surgery till proubly after lunch, because he wanted to do surgery the Wed. after I went for my apt. at the beginning of the month. Well we couldn't do that cause my husband was leaving so he was booked for the 22nd but worked me in. He is doing 7 surgeries tomorrow and I close to last. I asked him when will I be starting the hormone therapy and he said he will give me a shot in recovery. I'm not really scared. Just a little nerves and I have a really bad headache. It did hit me today that I will never be able to have a baby again and I got depressed and cried. But I know this is for the best and what needs to be done. I think I have told yall everything. My DH has a lap top so if I can I'll try to e-mail yall from the hospital to let yall know how it all went and so yall want be worried. If not I'll e-mail as soon as I get home. I hope yall don't mind that I copied and paste off of an e-mail I wrote. I just have a headach so bad that I can't hardly see. I pray it goes away soon. Oh I forgot to tell yall the good news no bowel prep. I also wanted to say that all the ladies that are having surgery tomorrow and the rest of the week will be in my thoughts and prayers. I also want to thank yall ladies so much for being here for me it means so much. I have learned alot from yall. I'll post when I get a chance.
Hugs,
Gina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2002, 05:35 PM
Pre op apt.

Hi Gina,

I want to wish you all the very best for a successful surgery and recovery. I hope your headaches go way too.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Unread 05-21-2002, 07:20 PM
Pre op apt.

Hi Gina,

We'll be looking forward to hearing from you after your surgery, whenever you feel up to it.

Be sure to get plenty of , lots of fluids and a little each day.

I'm hoping and praying that your headaches will be gone!!

Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register