Herbal Tea That Tastes Like Regular Tea? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Herbal Tea That Tastes Like Regular Tea? Herbal Tea That Tastes Like Regular Tea?

Unread 12-15-2015, 04:02 PM
Herbal Tea That Tastes Like Regular Tea?

I try to avoid caffiene in the evening. Is there an herbal tea caffiene free that tastes like regular tea ?

I thought of green, but it has caffiene.

I have migraines and insomnia so I don't want to have any caffiene at all at lunch and supper. I've tried cinnamon sticks and like that and know there are numerous flavored herbals.

Thx for any help ladies ! 😊
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2015, 06:40 PM
Re: Herbal Tea That Tastes Like Regular Tea?

Why don't you get caffeine free tea?
Unread 12-16-2015, 12:44 PM

There actually is some caffeine in decaf.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2015, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiarose View Post
There actually is some caffeine in decaf.
I'm not sure I understand your request then.
Unread 12-17-2015, 06:35 AM

Is there a tea with no caffiene that's not flavored ?
Unread 12-17-2015, 07:24 AM

I googled caffeine free herbal tea and came up with a bunch of hits.
Unread 12-17-2015, 03:29 PM

There is a company called Caf Lib that started out (and is best known for) making a caffeine free (chicory based) coffee alternative that looks like instant coffee and you make it drink it just like you would coffee. For a few years now, they also make tea bags that are supposed to be like black tea. Unlike other herb teas which you generally drink as is, you can drink this tea like you would black tea - so if you like milk in there or honey and lemon or whatever, you can with this tea.

Does it taste just like black tea. No. But it is definitely a lot closer to black tea than any other herb tea I've had.

I'm in Canada so I can't say for sure if it is available in the US (if that's where you are). It is now sold at large supermarkets but originally it started out in "healthier" type stores. Maybe Whole Foods?
Unread 12-18-2015, 07:12 AM

Thx so much I'll check it out. So many of the herbal teas already have flavoring. Its just that I like tea that tastes like regular, with no caffiene at all. Insomnia is still an issue for me, but as I understand it's an issue for many people with migraines. So I just don't want to add to the problem.

I've tried many of the herbals and end up giving the rest of the box away because the flavor I just couldn't take. You know some taste like,"perfume in a glass!" Lol.

I'll ck it out, thx everyone !
Unread 12-19-2015, 10:51 PM

Years ago I found a decaf green tea I really liked. I do not like tea normal - herbal or otherwise. But this had orange and some other light flavors in it but you could still tell it was green tea. They quit making it. I wrote the company who suggested the one that took its place and did not like it. In search of one, try to go into a specialty store that might sell the bags individually vs buying a whole box. I know there is one grocery store that sells tea by the bag in their bulk section but it is limited on variety. Right now I am hooked on Crystal Lights peach mango green tea. It can be warmed up. Not sure how much caffeine it has cause it doesn't say. I only drink it in the morning and early after noon.
Unread 12-20-2015, 03:38 AM

Republic of Tea has many to choose from. I have been enjoying red tea called "get relaxed" & another called "get happy".
Been weepy lately (7 wks post op) and these seem to help.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register