Silly headache remedy I wanted to share :) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Silly headache remedy I wanted to share :) Silly headache remedy I wanted to share :)

Unread 05-21-2002, 05:56 PM
Silly headache remedy I wanted to share :)

Since I was a young teen, I have been plagued with bad headaches and migraines - (yes, I know the difference!)

My mother used to put Ben Gay on my head, massaging it into the scalp - oddly enough it does bring some relief! I always assumed it was because when you get a tension headache, your "muscles" in the brain area and blood flow tighten - and since Ben Gay is a muscle relaxer, it loosens it up (of course, I'm not an expert, just a loyal Ben Gay for headaches supporter!) LOL. We learned this trick from the visiting nurses who were caring for my grandfather right before he passed away from lung cancer and a brain tumor.

If the smell doesn't bother you, use the regular scented - it does seem to work a little better.

Hope this helps someone! I know as you are getting closer to surgery, you might be tense and develop those nasty tension headaches!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2002, 06:51 PM
Home remedies

I use peppermint oil on my forehead and neck. It really helps a migraine!
Unread 05-21-2002, 08:47 PM
headaches

Thanks for the tricks girls. The gyn said that I get migraines due to my polycystic ovaries. In fact I have one now. I am not above a little odor to get rid of a headache. Thanks for the advice

Charlotte

Unread 05-21-2002, 09:07 PM
headache remedy

Hey Charlotte,

Glad you read this thread. I was thinking about your headache and I hope this works for you!

Lauren
Unread 05-22-2002, 05:48 AM

I never thought of Ben Gay, but I do use Vick's vaporub for migraines but you know I have only had one migraine since I had hysterectomy last August.
Unread 05-22-2002, 07:31 AM

I hope the headaches ease up with the surgery! They seem to be worsening for me, as I get closer to the date.

I spent last Monday night in the ER with a doozy of a migraine - A double dose of Demerol and Viterol (sp?) before I was able to come home!
Unread 05-22-2002, 10:37 AM

I use Lavendar Oil to release tension, and it works great... I bet the Peppermint Oil smells alot nicer though, and I am sure making note of the Ben Gay!....... also, massaging the specific pressure points in your head can help hugely for tension headaches, as well as sinus pressure (if there's anyone out there like me with chronic sinusitis! ) There are MANY pressure points, and if you don't know them specifically, then just feel around with your fingers, adding pressure until you find some spots that give some relief. This would be a good combination to any ointment or oil used, I'm sure. Best of luck!
Unread 05-22-2002, 11:33 AM

Where do you get peppermint or lavendar oil? That sounds nice! My hormone headaches are pretty bad and I think I have one more period to go before I go to the castle. (Dang!)
Unread 05-22-2002, 11:53 AM
Young Living Essential Oils

Mine is Essential Oils by Young Living... my DH's cousin sells their products, and so does my aunt,.... wish I could afford to do many of the others! They also carry a St. John's Wart SPRAY that is wonderful for calming those sudden emotional outbursts too! You just use it when you need to,.. a couple quick sprays under the tongue or in your cheek, and you're good to go. They have a website too if you don't know a distributor......
www.youngliving.com and they have an order express 800# too!
Best of luck!!
In His Love,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register