Two weeks post pelvic organ prolapse surgery - advice | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Two weeks post pelvic organ prolapse surgery - advice Two weeks post pelvic organ prolapse surgery - advice

Unread 12-20-2015, 05:50 PM
Two weeks post pelvic organ prolapse surgery - advice

Hello ladies I am still learning the ropes here but Dec 7th I had Pelvic Organ Prolapse surgery and I know its been almost 2 weeks since but I am anxiously waiting for a checkup on Tuesday from the Dr. I had a hysterectomy last year and by 2 weeks I was feeling a lot better but with this I am better and stronger but still feel like I have a ways to go and I am afraid to sleep in my bed due to pulling stitches and I haven't been in a vehicle since I came home because I am afraid to go anywhere because I am afraid I will fall or someone will hit me in the stomach and everything will fall again. Is this normal feelings? Any advice would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2015, 09:40 PM
Re: Two weeks post pelvic organ prolapse surgery - advice

scft73,

I'm sorry you need to be here but glad you found this website . I think most of us have the same worries about surgery failing. You are early post op so walks around your house and neighborhood are appropriate. As you feel better you will want to venture out more.
Unread 12-22-2015, 07:31 PM

Thank you Molly for your advice. I went to the Dr today and he said I was healing nicely and the burning situation was from it running down and hitting the incision site where the stiches are. Once again Molly Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2015, 08:45 AM

Unread 12-24-2015, 07:55 PM

Thank you Molly,
With all your work that the Drs have done for you are you ever scared to move for that it will fail. I am afraid of everything right now.
Unread 12-24-2015, 08:38 PM
Two weeks post pelvic organ prolapse surgery - advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by scft73 View Post
Thank you Molly,
With all your work that the Drs have done for you are you ever scared to move for that it will fail. I am afraid of everything right now.
I think everyone feels that way. It becomes a bit of an obsession until you get comfortable with the idea of the new you. I do recommend you be careful going forward with heavy lifting, squats and anything that may compromise your repairs. It's a lifestyle change but better than worrying about more surgery down the road.
Unread 12-24-2015, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Thank you Molly,
Your fears of your surgery failing are very normal. Try not to allow yourself to be psyched out by all that you read. People will post when they are having trouble. Be sure to follow your Post op instructions . . . no pulling, no pushing, no bending and no lifting (over a gallon of milk). This is so very important for your healing. Don't be fearful but if you question whether something will hurt you or not, it will be better for you to err on the side of caution.

Best wishes on your recovery . . . remember that we are here for you.
Unread 12-26-2015, 09:48 AM

Thank you very much for all of your advice. I am doing my best to be very careful to let the healing process to continue, but for some reason I just feel weird at times. For instance my bowel system feels like its falling out but I am thinking hemroids but not sure. I just have a lot of pressure down there and sometimes I don't. My abdomen feels weird also not the heavy and bloating feel that it did just like it's trying to get use to being back in the right places. Everything just feels odd to me. I guess I am a little paranoid these days. Once again Thank you.
Unread 12-27-2015, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Thank you very much for all of your advice. I am doing my best to be very careful to let the healing process to continue, but for some reason I just feel weird at times. For instance my bowel system feels like its falling out but I am thinking hemroids but not sure. I just have a lot of pressure down there and sometimes I don't. My abdomen feels weird also not the heavy and bloating feel that it did just like it's trying to get use to being back in the right places. Everything just feels odd to me. I guess I am a little paranoid these days. Once again Thank you.
The weird feelings are normal dear. I had a lot of pressure . . . mostly due to the swelling and trauma from the surgery. One of the things that my surgeon explained was that your intestines shift and fill in where your uterus was, causing spasms and cramping. Because of that, it can make BM's more difficult which can create more pressure. Drink lots, eat fiber rich foods, walk, and remember to follow your post op instructions.

Rest well
Unread 12-28-2015, 10:31 AM
Red face - Two weeks post pelvic organ prolapse surgery - advice Re: Two weeks post pelvic organ prolapse surgery - advice

once again Thank you ladies for all of your advice and tips because they help. I didn't know anyone that has went through this type of surgery before except the hysterectomy so being able to reach out and find other ladies that have organ prolapse makes me feel better and not some overweight freak that brought all of this on to myself. I know that sounds weird but that's what I have been thinking. Also I am eating fiber rich foods and drinking water or flavored water. I am not bending or stooping. My son is doing the vacuuming and bringing the laundry to my bed and I fold. I really am glad I found this site.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register