Just Venting - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-25-2002, 07:13 AM
Just Venting

's to all of you!

{{Karen}} Way to go gal! Your spunk always puts a smile on my face.

{{Susan}} As always! You amaze me!

I'm trying to search through my foggy brain but I remember seeing a segment last fall on the Today show regarding raising money for ovarian cancer research. If I'm not mistaken I believe it was Sandra Bernhart (sp?) that was advocating more $$ needed to be raised for research and they were interviewing her in preparation for a big fund raiser in CA I think. Please correct me if I'm wrong, the is certainly present today.

Anyway, I'm in FULL agreement with you all here, I know BC is the leading cancer and affects a HUGE number of women and this is what I lost my mother to. However, I'm with you, there needs to be more focus brought to the issue of ALL Gyn cancers not to mention ALL cancers in general.

Many {{Hugs}} to all of you! I hope and pray that sometime in the very near future, no one will have to face this battle.

{{Hugs}}

Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2002, 12:38 AM
thank you

To susan and hurriedh (and all of you that contributed to this thread). I have often vented on here to you about my fear of my brachytherapy. It does seem like most peoples impression of cervical/vaginal cancer is that they just "freeze it off" and our cancer really does not count as "REAL" cancer. I am finally over my pneumonia, and I just got my next surgery and radiation scheduled for my vagina. I am 30 and I have already had a upper vaginectomy after my hyst because my smear came back abnormal. Then came the biopsy before the vaginectomy. I was in shock too find out I still had cancer, and what do you tell people? My son's orthopedic doctor asked me in front of my kids "what kind of cancer do you have?" I could have kicked him. People need to become more informed and not be so ignorant. I have found the worse people I have had to deal with are my friends, who love to be in denial about the fact that I have to get my vagina radiated. No one wants to deal with our "kind" of cancer. It makes me sad, so thanks ladies for all the inspiration.
*punch*

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register