MTHFR and surgical menopause | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > GYN Genetics

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

MTHFR and surgical menopause MTHFR and surgical menopause

Unread 01-06-2016, 12:59 AM
MTHFR and surgical menopause

Omg. I didn't realize this board existed. I've been feeling so alone for the last year. Right after my surgery I was diagnosed with the MTHFR gene thing. I'm a compound heterozygous meaning I have one bad copy of the 1298 and 677 gene. I however tested negative for the blood clotting thing but I do have high inflammation and other levels.

Anyways I'm having the worst time finding a hrt that works. I have to cut my patches into ridiculous sized pieces and I still very easily get overloaded with estrogen. I think it's because I don't detox the excess very well. Prob why I had endo and fibroids in the. First place. Anyone out there have this and figured anything out about hrt?? I'd love some company.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2016, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreeve View Post
Omg. I didn't realize this board existed. I've been feeling so alone for the last year. Right after my surgery I was diagnosed with the MTHFR gene thing. I'm a compound heterozygous meaning I have one bad copy of the 1298 and 677 gene. I however tested negative for the blood clotting thing but I do have high inflammation and other levels.

Anyways I'm having the worst time finding a hrt that works. I have to cut my patches into ridiculous sized pieces and I still very easily get overloaded with estrogen. I think it's because I don't detox the excess very well. Prob why I had endo and fibroids in the. First place. Anyone out there have this and figured anything out about hrt?? I'd love some company.
No one ???
Unread 05-09-2016, 07:32 PM
Re: MTHFR and surgical menopause

Hi, I did genetic testing with 23 and me. I have the MTHFR genetic mutation too. I have two bad copies of the 677 gene, my 1298 is good. I did the test before my hysterectomy and they test much more than just MTHFR. My report showed an increased risk of endometrial cancer, that's why I had the hysterectomy. But I kept my ovaries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2020, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreeve View Post

I know this is an older post. I’m compound heterozygous MTHFR like you. Total hysterectomy 2 years ago and am struggling with all BHRT. How are you now?? What did you find that works??? Need some advice.
Unread 10-23-2020, 07:37 PM

Hey there. I’m little better symptoms aren’t as bad but still there. Still super sensitive to hrt. And right now working with a functional neurologist in my area that works with mthfr and we are working on getting into my body what it’s missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rn4cancer View Post

I know this is an older post. I’m compound heterozygous MTHFR like you. Total hysterectomy 2 years ago and am struggling with all BHRT. How are you now?? What did you find that works??? Need some advice.
Unread 10-23-2020, 07:46 PM

What are you taking right now?
Unread 10-23-2020, 07:50 PM

I have to cut up one of the .025 patches and just use less of it. I’m using Climara. Not perfect but better than nothing or feeling over dosed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rn4cancer View Post
What are you taking right now?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register