Bladder Spasms & UTI | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bladder Spasms & UTI Bladder Spasms & UTI

Unread 05-23-2002, 09:48 PM
Bladder Spasms & UTI

Bladder Spasm and UTI!!

Went to see the GYN today who did my surgery as I've been having urinary urgency/frequency/stress incontinence
I often go to the bathroom 15-20 times a day....sometimes a trickle and sometimes more. In fact, I always feel like I have to go....

We talked, she did a pelvic exam, took a urine sample and scheduled me for a some bladder function tests. She also gave me samples of Ditropan XL. When I got home, there was a message from the nurse that I also have a bladder infection (I've had no symptoms)...so she called in an RX for an antibiotic.

I also talked to her about changing hormones as I don't feel like I'm getting enough of "something"....I've been on Estraderm patches and now will try the Estratest....any input on this hormone? My symptoms have been interrmittent periods of irritability, sadness and fatigue She said the Estratest has a little testosterone in it and should "rev me up"...and increase my sex drive...which doesn't need increasing.

Geeeez....I really thought my "female parts" were pretty much fixed up with the surgery....I guessed wrong....

Any input is appreciated...

Lori

P.S.

I stopped drinking coffee 3 weeks ago on a hunch it may be a part of the urinary problems....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2002, 11:29 PM
Bladder Spasms & UTI

Hi Lori-

I just wanted to let you know that I hope your bladder/UTI discomfort clears up soon.

I do not have any knowledgeable information that I can share with you but I did put a memo in to the other HysterSister Hostesses and hopefully someone will reply to your post with some suggestions and encouragement.

Hope you find some relief soon. Take care!

Lynn

Unread 05-24-2002, 04:51 AM
Bladder Spasms & UTI

Lori,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with bladder spasms and a bladder infection. I have had problems with that since my hysterectomy 2 1/2 years ago, so I know how miserable it is. I have taken the Ditropan XL and it really did help quite a bit for the spasms.

I don't know anything about the Estratest, I have never used that, so I can't offer you any insight into that. But if you check out the hormone jungle message boards, I am sure there will be some ladies there that can offer you some answers.

Best Wishes to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2002, 06:24 AM
Bladder Spasms & UTI

Hi Lori!

I'm sorry you are feeling poorly - I very rarely get bladder infections, but when I do, I turn into a big baby :bcry:

Urinary urgency is a sign of a bladder infection - not everyone gets the pain and burning.

Do you have any vaginal dryness? After my hyst, no matter how much estrogen the doctor put me on, I had dryness and soreness that involved not only my vagina but my whole bottom, along with a mild, chronic bladder infection. My doc gave me a prescription for vaginal estrogen cream and that seemed to help.

I usually hang out in the hormone jungle Lots of women there do well on both the estraderm patch and estratest - and some women don't, but that is true for nearly all HRT - what works for one, may not work for another. Some of us have found a little progesterone (usually in a cream you rub into your skin) helps with some of the irritability and sleeplessness.

I hope you feel better soon

Dorrie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register