I'm Seeing White | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm Seeing White I'm Seeing White

Unread 05-24-2002, 09:11 PM
I'm Seeing White

Well, my sistahs, it's here!

The very last wicked-bad-ugly period of my entire life. How good is that?!

You know, it hasn't really sunk in - that I will never again have to deal with this pain and mess. $20.00 extra each and every month. No cold baths in the middle of the night. No staying home when everyone else is going to the shore or up into the mountains. White pants (well, maybe not). White shorts. White skirts. White shoes (yep, even those were dangerous). Beautiful sheets. Gorgeous lingerie. (The extra twenty isn't gonna cover all of that though, is it?) Intercourse whenever I want. Oh, yeah, it's starting to sink in now!

So, it's the very last one. It's going to be a doozy since I'm restricted from using my usual meds pre-op. It's been years since I lived through one cold turkey. Day one and already, it's wicked-bad-ugly - like my uterus is one great big raw nerve causing pressure on every organ and we haven't even reached hemmoragh time yet.

But, it's the very last one! If mothers can lift up cars when their babies are stuck under them, I can get through this.

The very last wicked-bad-ugly period of my entire life.

Cecee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2002, 09:52 PM
I'm Seeing White

Dear Cecee,

Me too! I'm on day #2 of my last visit from Aunt Flo! I won't really believe it until I've gone several months without!

I won't miss it on holidays - I'd always get it for Thanksgiving and Christmas and usually my birthday!

Once, when I was visiting my Mom, the bed I slept on had one of those eggshell mattress pads and it was so comfortable. When I mentioned this to my Mom, she said why don't you go get one for your bed and I had to laugh! Yeah, right - I've ruined every set of bed sheets I've ever owned. I always know which side is mine! Somehow I didn't think it would last long!

Well, white shorts and eggshell mattress pads, here we come!!

: Lauren
Unread 05-25-2002, 12:07 AM
I'm Seeing White

Hi Cecee and Lauren

I think it is a blessing in disguise for that last period to be really awful. It reminds you why you are having the surgery and almost makes you look forward to it.

Yes it does take awhile for it to sink in that it is never coming again. But it is oh so nice. I love walking by the feminine hygiene section of the store and thumbing my nose or doing a little dance . Life is good on the otherside.

It is soooo worth it. Trust me on this one.

Hang in there ladies soon two lovely you will be.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2002, 05:46 AM
Me too, Me too!!!

I should be starting the last big one any second now, and I have a Graduation Pool Party for my best friends son to attend today. Also I "volunteered" to make my famous Banana Split Cake and I don't even feel like standing long enought to do that. I am cramping and my legs hurt. BUT my surgery is June 10, so this should be the last time ever. It is almost like a dream.
Unread 05-25-2002, 06:46 AM
I'm Seeing White

Hi LIWs,

Isn't it great thinking about all the things you'llbe able to do? You're gonna love post-op life, believe me!

It doesn't really 'sink in' until a few weeks post-op when you're starting to feel better and are phasing back into your normal routine, and then it hits you! It's a pretty amazing feeling.

I am eight weeks post-op and I still find myself hesitant to grab the white shorts out of the drawer. Old habits are tough to break but it's possible. I'm going fishing with my dh today out on our boat for the first time since surgery. I found myself thinking about packing all my feminine gear. Then I remembered... NOT!

I'm looking forward to seeing your posting in the post-op board when it 'sinks in' for real!!! It's so awesome!!!

All the best to all of you for a very successful surgery and recovery!
Unread 05-25-2002, 10:37 AM
I'm Seeing White

Oh Cecee,

Good riddens!!! Even if it is the most painful you have had, at least it will be your last!
Do you feel better now about your uncoming enema? You got a lot of good advice and even instructions !

Maralyn from sunny California
Unread 05-25-2002, 10:46 AM
I'm Seeing White

My last period was 1 week late! Of course when it finally came it was horrible and painful. I bought a pair of white capri pants 2 weeks before my surgery. Would have never thought about doing it before. I grin when I see all those tampon commercials, knowing I'll never have to buy them for me again! The next thing on my list to do, is to go through my underwear drawer and get rid of all those old, stained underwear that I wore once a week every month!!!
Unread 05-25-2002, 10:51 AM
I'm Seeing White

It must be something in the water!!! Me Too!!!!! Natural child birth has NOTHING on this pain!!

Of course, as usual, it had to ruin something good along with it. Hubby had planned since we found out my surgery date to take me out for one last HURRAH before my surgery. That was last night, adn Aunt Flo came to visit yesterday MORNING!!!!! So what did we do, go have dinner, and cruise the aisle of the local store looking for some pads and OTC painkiller to help me make it until we came home. 2 Vicodin before bed, 2 at 2:30 this moring and 1 1/2 again when I woke up!!

I just can't wait until June 3rd!!! I'll be the one running in to the Castle saying "Take Me!!! Take Me!!!" Pre-op labs on Tuesday. Final consent/pre-op visit wtih Dr. Wed., and then pack and clean until Monday. Only 9 more days. And I am sure they will just crawl by. But it will all be worth it!!

Chris
Unread 05-25-2002, 08:16 PM
me too!

Yup, yup, yup...there is definitely something in the water, I got mine too. And it is such a brutal reminder of why I must have this surgery.
I look forward to just planning something, not planning it around "those times". I look forward to sleeping the whole night comfortably, instead of not sleeping because I'm worried what the sheets and I will be covered in, in the morning.
And?? quite possibly does this mean my terrible migraines that I get about a day or two before I start will lesson or (dare I say it) even go away? Ohhhh, I can hope for that one, right? LOL

Yes, I think I can bare this and get thru this, this ONE LAST TIME!!!! Yay!

Deb
Unread 05-25-2002, 09:06 PM
I'm Seeing White

Okay girls! We all seem to be in the same boat! But I for one, am glad it's a sinking ship!!

I've already put in orders with my mother for 320 count WHITE Egyptian Cotton sheets! White everything - to the devil w/ my black clothes - I'm re-virginizing on the 30th and I can't wait!

The only thing is the white bathing suit - just don't know if my size 12, swelly belly body will be up to it this summer, but just wait till next year!

I can't believe that this is the last "curse" I'll ever have! The people at OB Tampons will be calling wanting to know why the sales have dropped off so dramatically in SC. I swear the people in Wal-Mart must have thought I had 5 women living under my roof - but no more!

I hate to sound so happy when I know there are others out there that are dreading this surgery for various reasons, but I just can't help it! Can you really, really believe that the pain, misery and mess are going to end forever??

I wish all of you the best of luck, health, and frilly, white undies!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register