I'm Seeing White - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm Seeing White I'm Seeing White

Unread 05-25-2002, 10:05 PM
I'm Seeing White

I do think that the "last period" is the thing that makes me so eager for my surgery. I've had two years of progesterone, birth control pills, two bc pills a day, and now progesterone again all the while bleeding more days of the month than not. I don't even know how to answer these days when I go to the doctor and they ask me when the date of my last period was. The correct question is "When has it not been your period???"

I was so tired the other night at 4 a.m. that I went back to bed after a bathroom visit with only one pad and no tampon and overflowed onto the sheets. The last time! Goodbye double-triple protection! Knowing I have upcoming surgery, two weeks ago I optomistically had my husband buy me maxipads and only 40 count boxes of super tampons and regular tampons (instead of 80 count). I've already almost used up both boxes of tampons. I may need to get more before my surgery next Saturday. That blows my mind. By some miracle I am not anemic.

Today we went to a restaurant and I realized that the last time we were there was about two years ago and I overflowed very badly during dinner. It was right at the beginning of my bleeding problems and it struck me today what a long 24+ months it's been trying out various remedies to no effect. How wonderful it will be to be able to eat or shop without worrying if I can find a bathroom.

I'm very grateful to live in a day and age where we have a surgical remedy if we need one. (Though I have been fascinated to learn that hysterectomies have been performed since 1870!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2002, 10:15 PM
counting down the days...double-time...

Hi sisters!

this post made me laugh...good to see I'm not the only one who's counting down the days til (1) Aunt Flo's last visit, and (2) surgery. I know for a fact she's gonna come either that Wednesday or Thursday (June 5 or 6), and it's going to be a whoozy-doozy. The one in April lasted 3 days, the one in May lasted 8...I cursed her from the flo' to the ceiling and back again! I told the DH my body's kickin' my behind and calling me a traitor for what I'm about to put it thru! (been having some odd little annoying pains around the belly for the last few days, probably just anxiety pains).

Trying to enjoy the heck out of these next couple of weeks & weekends. Have a wedding to attend on the Saturday before my castle visit, so after consulting the date book, I had to return the dress I'd planned to wear to the closet and am looking for something along the lines of navy or black (It wasn't white, mind you, but a really gorgeous light turquoise color - not a good choice with Aunt Flo on the warpath!)

Dang...I've been tracking FLO like clockwork for the last 24 yrs. I guess I'll have to take a class or something to fill that void in my datebook every 28 days! (and yes, I'm one of those pesky folks that has the darn thing filled thru August; couldn't very well plan to go on vacation and have her dropping in!)
Unread 05-25-2002, 10:43 PM
Please don't think i'm crazy!!!

Girls!!!!!I know this will sound wierd....BUT------I never have a period and i feel left out somehow!I guess it's all i my head!I have had only 3 periods since my son was born and he's now 21 months old!And those were medically enduced.But there were doozies!It always starts with this horrofic leg ache!Then the labor like cramps-ouch!I am looking forward to never wondering if this wll be the day i start or not-cause i never know!I also didn't know that the absence of your cycle can increase your chances of developing some type of female cancer.So no more trying to have a period for me!Good luck with all your surgeries!I will be praying for you as i hope you will do for me!Your Friend,Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2002, 03:27 PM
I'm Seeing White

Dear Myztree,

Your post reminded me of a funny story! I too mark my wall calander, each month, by circling the date of the day Aunt Flo comes to visit. I've been doing this for years because I too have to "plan around" her visit and need to know when to expect her next visit. My DH is the only other person who knows what these circled dates are.

A couple years ago, my DH and I were at a lawyer's office, doing the closing paperwork for the sale of our house. We were all seated at a large table and there were probably about 8 people in the room. My DH had with him one of our wall calanders. While looking for the day the appraiser had come, my DH said, "Well, it will take me a moment to find that date but I can give you the exact dates my wife has had her periods for the last year!" I was mortified but fortunately everybody broke out laughing and it was just the "ice breaker" we all needed.

So, here's to no more bad jokes at my expense, white bed sheets, white shorts and no more calenders with big red circles!

Lauren
Unread 05-26-2002, 04:22 PM
yes there is life

Newly operaterated still with my staples I see better life. I feel better(even when I don't take my pain pills) and I have white that I plan to wear alot It has been 30 years. because the last time was at my high school pep rally and I had a visit from aunt flo
free at last free at last, mari
Unread 05-26-2002, 05:49 PM
I'm Seeing White

Free at last, free at last!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just can't wait and am counting the days. Bought a new comforter and sheets set today.

TC
Unread 05-26-2002, 05:54 PM
I'm Seeing White

Hi Girls,
I am sorta having one of those "ta-da" moments.....i had my surgery last Monday and if i hadnt had it, i would have gotten my visit from Aunt Flo today!

My last one was horribly painful and my castle date couldnt come fast enough for me.

This week has been kinda on the rough side with the pain meds making my stomach sick but other than that, I am soooo glad it is over with. It is getting better by the day. 6 days post-op today!

#1. No more suffering from the pain
#2. No more long visits from Aunt Flo
#3. No more birth control issues to deal with
#4. No more stained clothes or bed linens
#5. More drawer space in the bathroom!

I am sure you all can think of more.......

Unread 05-26-2002, 05:57 PM
I'm Seeing White

I am so happy to find out that I have dozens of new sisters! I've never had anyone to talk to about HELL WEEK, as all my real sisters are fortunate enough to hardly need a pad! I have been in tearful pain with every period since age 13. My first period co-incided with the chicken pox! God, I thought becoming a woman was the end of the world! Thru my adult life, I've tried all the fixes, but nothing worked except heavy pain meds and perserverance. I'll be 41 on the 13th of June, and my surgery (finally!) is on Friday. I was pretty nervous about everything until today when some guardian angel guided my typing fingers to your sanctuary~Now I have a place to come and find support, and I'm not so scared anymore. And yes, I am in the market for WHITE!!!! I plan a cerimonial "burning of the last box of super plus tampons" upon my return from the hospital! I have had so much anxiety about my painful periods for so long....I still can't believe I will be free soon. Already love you gals....
Thanks for all the wonderful vibes your site puts out!
Unread 05-26-2002, 05:58 PM
start already!

Cecee,

It must be the June 4th thing. I just playing the third day of spotting. 9 days and counting!!
Unread 05-26-2002, 08:27 PM
You Sistahs are GREAT!

I counted, too, and discovered that my next visit will be on the day of my surgery. 3 days of spotting, 12 hours of labor-like cramps and clots, then 5 more days of bleeding. I'M DONE!!!

My visits have been changing over the past few months and, I must admit, I would be curious to see what it changes into, BUT NOT THAT CURIOUS!!!

Hurrah for white pants, no more stained undies, and white sheets!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register