I'm 32 and facing a SAH... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm 32 and facing a SAH... I'm 32 and facing a SAH...

Unread 05-25-2002, 05:17 PM
I'm 32 and facing a SAH...

just wondering if there are any like myself out there. My surgery is June 21st. I would like to talk with others my age or any one who has had a SAH. I think it is just hitting me these last two days that this is a really big deal. I had thought of it as my end to a 20 year battle with pain. I have always been an active woman in all aspects of my life, and this battle with the bleeding and the pain has slowly been taking over my life and interfearing with my family, friends and career.
Thanks- Jessica
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2002, 05:49 PM

Hi Jessica,

Welcome to Hystersisters!!

I didn't have a SAH and I'm not your age, but I did want to say "hi" and send you a . I'm glad you found us - a hysterectomy is major surgery, and while you're waiting for June 21st, please continue to read and research and ask questions so that you will be prepared for your hospital stay and your recovery.

There are some excellent pre-op and post-op hints here:

Pre-Op Hysterectomy Articles

Hysterectomy Recovery Articles

's

Karen
Unread 05-25-2002, 06:03 PM
Just wanted to welcome you to the group!

Hi, and 's!!

I'm 33, and I'm having a TAH/BSO for endo and possible adeno on 6/10. It has been causing me lots of pain for the last 5-6 years, and has only been getting worse each year, that's why we (my doc, dh and myself) decided to do the hyst!!

I'm not sure what an SAH is, but I'd be more than happy to lend an ear for venting and even a shoulder to lean on if you need that too!!! And these ladies here are pretty good for that as well!!! (Actually, they are WONDERFUL!!!!)

My e-mail is always on!!

's!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2002, 06:08 PM

Hi, and welcome! I am 33 and I'm having a TVH w/ repairs on the 30th.

You'll find that this is a wonderful, helpful sight with amazing women all here to help each other through this.

You can always e-mail me, and I'll keep in touch to let you know how my surgery turns out.

PS I think of mine as relief from all the pain and mess, too.
Unread 05-25-2002, 06:27 PM

Hi! I'm 32 and on 6/18/02, I will be having a supracervical abdominal hysterectomy, which I believe is what you were referring to for your surgery? Anyway, I'll be having my hysterectomy due to years and years and years of pain and bleeding problems as well. My first GYN visit was when I was 13 due to all of that, so I know where you're coming from. I'm here with you and I will be here after you're done as well. I am still debating whether to have my ovaries taken out as Dr. wants to take them, but I originally wanted to save them. My cystic ovaries and my endometriosis cause them to stick to my back wall and the poor Dr. has to go hunting. So maybe it'll all come out as well. Let me know if you're going to have it all out as well. We can be pre-op and post-op buddies. Take care!
Unread 05-25-2002, 06:35 PM

Hi Jessica, I had a SAH in dec. I am 41 yrs not as young as you are but I feel like I 32 again. I was tired all the time from the heavy bleeding.

I am 5 months post-op. I sorry to here that you are suffering with alot of pain. I did not have much pain, just blodding,pressure and heavy bleeding from fibroids.

I feel wonderful more engery that I had in years. Sex with dh is still as good as ever.

Take care and God bless
email me anytime

Jocelin

[email protected]
Unread 05-26-2002, 07:54 AM

Hi Jessica-

I am 31 years old and had my SAH/BSO om April 30, 2002. I feel so much better than I did before the surgery even this early in the game. I have had terrible pain for years and I am looking forward to my new pain-free life once I'm done recovering!!

Come to chat and meet us - there are many ladies our age there!!

HUGS!
Jo
Unread 05-27-2002, 11:05 PM
TVH-BSO

Hi! I am new here and VERY NERVOUS!

I am scheduled for my TVH-BSO on the 19th of June. I am looking forward to the "new" life without pain and bleeding that I have suffered with for the last 8 years.

I am 35 and feel like I am twice that age. I get so tired from the bleeding that I just want to sleep. The pain is miserable and makes it hard to function. I havent always been this bad, but its taking its toll now.

I am a stay at home mom and homeschooling parent. Needless to say, I dont have time for this constant cycle I am in.

I am nervous about the whole procedure though. I am under weight to begin with, so that may keep me in the hospital a little more than 2 days. It just depends on how the recovery process goes for me.

I dont know what to do about hrt. My family has a long history of breast cancer and my mother, having had breast cancer, says that she doesnt think that I should take HRT. I have not had a chance yet to talk with my dr about that. I am scheduled to see him again on the 14th. I will be seeing my family prac. dr on Friday and she usually talks with me about everything that is going on.

I hope she will have some opinons for me. I never had to think about this stuff before, so I feel so confused and overwhelmed.

I have been reading a lot of posts on here and find a lot of useful ideas and tips, but I wonder how many ladies are taking the hrt and why some are not? Is there a link to breast cancer with hrt?

I know my post is long and I am sorry about that. I just get started on this and its hard for me to end it.
Unread 05-28-2002, 07:05 AM
Thank you for your support!!

I have found so much information on what to expect and what to ask my doctor. I have also found that bleeding all the time, cramping and clotting all the time and feeling tired all the time was not just my imagination!!! Thank you all for responding and letting me understand my body much better. This is an amazing place. I am so glad that my mother found it and thought it would help me.
Thank you all,
Jessica
Unread 05-28-2002, 02:10 PM

Dear Jessica,
I had a supracervical on 4-25-02. They also removed my ovaries, so I am taking hormones. I got a second medical opinion before my surgery -- as I wanted to make sure this was a good choice (to keep the cervix). Both doctors agreed, since I had no previous cervical cancer in my family or had never had a problem with a pap smear. I had several large fibroid tumors, so I had the abdominal incision. You are a bit younger than I, so making a choice about the ovaries will be one that you need to discuss with the Doctor, but I'm sure you will come to the right decision.

I have not had any bleeding or mini-periods with the supracervical (sometimes that happens in a few cases). I had my 4-week checkup a few days ago and the doctor has given me the go ahead to begin doing more things (including restaring my exercise routine on my exercise bike and treadmill) but only at half the speed and half the distance. I haven't tried it yet, but will very soon. I am feeling quite good -- no more of the uncomfortable feeling I had when those big old fibroids were in there.

I wish you the very best of luck and send many ((((HUGS)))) to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register