new and LSH on 5.6.02 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new and LSH on 5.6.02 new and LSH on 5.6.02

Unread 05-26-2002, 02:55 AM
new and LSH on 5.6.02

Hi everywoman.
I am scared of what is about to happen. Stepping into the unknown, surrendering my body to those people I really do not know and not knowing if I will get through without complications. I recently got of the pill (was on it to control pain and bleeding) and lost a good third of my hair, I guess through hormonal turmoil. I will keep my ovaries hopefully, do they remove ovaries because of adhesions too? I have invited 12 of my women friends for a ritual and support circle for my hysterectomy, I don't know about you but sitting in a circle with women is pretty magic for me. And I will most probably fall apart and cry a lot. I will also be better prepared. I love this website.
Nat38
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2002, 06:22 AM
new and LSH on 5.6.02

Dear Nat,

Welcome to Hystersisters. I'm glad that you have found us. It's perfectly normal to be nervous and scared about any surgery, and a hysterectomy is major surgery. It's great that you have such a wonderful support group of friends to help you with the emotional aspects of this surgery.

Have you read the pre-op and post-op hints yet? They are here:

Pre-Op Hysterectomy Articles

Hysterectomy Recovery Articles

When you get a chance, please go back into your profile and enter your surgery date, so you'll be on the calendar for that day.

's

Karen
Unread 05-26-2002, 07:04 AM
new and LSH on 5.6.02

Nat - welcome to HysterSisters..or, as I keep telling my husband.. Sanity City

Honestly, this board has kept me sane for so long...I've been waiting (well..trying other treatments, and waiting) since November of last year, and I'm finally going to schedule my surgery on Tuesday. I had to battle a little with my ob/gyn (who happens to be a DO...I should have known better), but he's finally on my side.

You mentioned having a ritual circle - I just wanted to let you know what we're going to do, on a similar note...we're having a Goodbye Uterus party *grin*.

With my fellow circle friends (most of them online), we're going to have red cake, red wine and red foods only, a couple of days before the surgery...we'll probably sing, and chant a bit, and say a few things to help my darling uterus on her way! We plan to wear red too, and tell really corny, raunchy jokes. It's a women-only thing, and my DH is just tickled pink (hehehe) about the whole idea...he's never heard of anything like it! It's kind of kooky, I know - but hey, it can't hurt It also helps me say goodbye to a very female part of me.

Anyway, welcome, and do keep us posted

Tess

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register