My Wait Is Up | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My Wait Is Up My Wait Is Up

Unread 05-26-2002, 04:03 AM
My Wait Is Up

tomorrow i go for my final check up, its been 7 weeks since my op , and i see the tomorrow , cant wait, want to begin my life , hope it is all good and that he checks me inside,
my DH is hanging out for the all clear.
i have loads of questions for him too. lets hope its not a quick hello how have you been , ok see you in a couple more years .. like it always is, its not fair is it , we wait so long to see them to only be rushed out. well you do with my
ok ladies its been a pleasure chatting and listening to you all , i will keep intouch , from time to time , god bless . from me sue x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2002, 04:16 AM
My Wait Is Up

Hi Sue,

I wanted to wish you luck tomorrow at the Drs. I'd also like to suggest that you write your questions down on a list. This way you will remember what you want to ask and you can show your Dr. and let him know that you expect him to take the few minutes to answer your questions.

Best wishes and s
Unread 05-26-2002, 07:01 AM
My Wait Is Up

Hi Sue,

Good luck on your post-op visit. I hope your doctor gives you a clean bill of health!

I know what you mean about being rushed. My doctor had been wonderful pre-op and while I was in the castle. She gave me all the time I needed and really listened and addressed each of my concerns.

My post-op visit was quite the contrary to this. I felt very rushed and as though she was completely pre-occupied. She treated me with silver nitrate for granulation and almost walked out of the examining room without giving me the 'all clear'. I had to stop her!

I know that they're human and perhaps she got some bad news just prior but I was completely caught off-guard and felt really ripped-off when I left. I have some questions for her and plan to write her a letter that she can respond to at her convenience as none of it is pressing.

My lesson learned here is that good doctors have bad days too and we need to go to our appointmens prepared (with a list) so we can leave with the info we need.

All the best to you for a good post-op visit!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2002, 02:10 AM
JUST TO LET YOU KNOW

Hi , well just letting you no how i went on today, yes the same as usual , infact it was worst then ever before, i was in his surgery no more then 2 mins , and during that time he got a mobile call, but one thing he did was check me underneath , if he hadnt then i would of complained, but that was it , fast and furious , he said im healing nicely, i asked if the stitches was still there and he replyed yes , that was it , no do's or dont's , ive learned more of you ladies then ever by my
ok take care , then i was out , i asked the assistant is that it , she said yep your discharged , i said all that for a 2 min apointment , but she said at least your well , so i guess you cant complain then , so its all uphill from here now , lets hope .
sue x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register