My castle tale...for TAH-BSO - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My castle tale...for TAH-BSO My castle tale...for TAH-BSO

Unread 05-27-2002, 01:01 PM
My castle tale...for TAH-BSO

Same here, if I could I would have drug myself there to help you.
...I am soo glad your home and out of that place. I thank goodness for the great care I had, because I too had a bad time in surgery, was feeling positive and great all the way to waking up in the horrible pain, they say because my IV blew out during surgery and my surgery taking so long. And yes the bumps from the recovery up to my room were unbelievable, at least they warned me. My goes out to you. Praying for you a smooth recovery. Robin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2002, 01:11 PM
nursing shortages

hi tracy and liw
i too had a not so pleasant hospital experience. However there are nursing shortages and way too many overworked nurses and understaffed hospitals so i really feel for the nurses too!!! The RN's have huge loads but of course that doesnt help us when it's our turn. i am just GLAD i didnt need more than i did in the way of pain and i had so bad side effects from my general either. i asked if i could bring my own gasx to the hospital in case i needed it as i recall from my c section i had to wait and it was awful!!! so i brought it with and my family got it for me.
I am glad you didnt have to stay longer.. i was very fortunate with my TVH and got to leave the same night as my early AM surgery. I had a roommate that was in severe pain, undetermined and wasnt gyn related. while she was a pleasant person it was horrible needing to use the bathroom and waiting for a nurse to come to clean up after each of us. i was constantly calling for help. In my case the lpn's were great, but there seemed to be nurses from other wards helping out. anyhow needless to say i too wanted to go home and i think this is WHY my gyn has all of her TVH's stays as minimal as possible.
i am glad you made it home safe and sound and also hope all your earlier woes re: your daughter worked out OK. i had my family and friend coming and going most of the day so i generally had someone around to help me ask for help or get up when needed. i think u were wise to post your experiences as they give the LIW heads up.welcome to this side....!!!
jandrie
Unread 05-27-2002, 01:24 PM

oh my!!!!!!!!!!! I'm am sooo sorry you had such terrible care! I used to work in hospital administration as a secretary. The On call Administrator should have been notifed. At the very least, Patient Representative would have helped. My hospital would have sent Pat Rep. up immediately along with a fruit basket as a token. But still..... holler scream and complain and NAME NAMES.

When I go in I make sure I know every nurse and aide's names and I repeat it when they tell me and I check their name tags. I also send thank you notes for wonderful care that I have gotten. This will be my third, yes third surgery over the last three summers. Hopefully my last!!!!!!!

TC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2002, 01:56 PM

Boy oh boy can I relate. I had a room mate from , well, <you know>. She and her room full of visitors talked loudly until 9pm, then every hour on the hour she turned on her light and called for the nurse. Nurse comes in early, takes out catheter, gives me an enema AND a suppository and hauls in a portable pot. I was to get myself out of bed and on to that thing. Meanwhile, the roomy starts getting visitors. I wasn't suppose to mind because after all, nurse pulled the curtain. Do you know that your mind CAN control your bowels? Where does the enema go if it NEVER comes out? Just like you, I was happy to get to come home. Just think how good you would have felt with pain meds. on time, gas control, FOOD, and a stroll in the hallway. Look on the bright side... you made it to the "other side" see, ( at the expense of poor mom) I'm STILL laughing, Karlene
Unread 05-27-2002, 02:18 PM

good idea to report that you had inadequate care i agree. The thought of being SOO long without pain meds or anyone coming around is something admins NEED to be aware of. Even if you dont recall names.... the dates of your surgery and stay will let them know who was working the time of your stay.
jandrie
Unread 05-27-2002, 09:19 PM

Oh, Lil!!! I am soooo sorry! That sounds perfectly DREADFUL!

I will try to have someone with me until I can take care of things on my own! Thanks for the heads-up! I am starting to wonder about private rooms, now, too! I need to get in touch with my castle to see what is what. Thanks for not "sugar-coating" it! It was a good eye-opener!

I am glad you are home and resting! Take care of yourself!!

s!
Unread 05-27-2002, 09:47 PM
Thanks for your honesty!

Tracy,

So sorry to hear about your experience! Will be sure to have my DH or best friend around to keep an eye on things for me! Now rest, walk, drink water and recover!

Best,

Lynda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register