SURGERY WAS CANCELLED!!! (long) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

SURGERY WAS CANCELLED!!! (long) SURGERY WAS CANCELLED!!! (long)

Unread 05-27-2002, 10:27 AM
SURGERY WAS CANCELLED!!! (long)

Hi to all you Sisters...
Today was supposed to be my surgery...but it has been postponed! This could get long...let me backtrack a bit...for the last few months I have been having "episodes" of pain...chest, back, arms, jaw...sometimes it was not so bad and sometimes it was really bad...and "no" I did not go to the ER...have been there soo many times in the last 3 years and have had to deal with ignorant DR's who think I am just there for the Demoral and that there is nothing wrong...it is all in my head...WELL...turns out it is not in my head! Had mentioned to my DR about the chest pain and he sent me to a Cardiologist, who did a cardiac stress test and a cardiolite (where they inject dye and take loads of pictures of your heart). Had not heard from the Cardilolgist when I went to my pre-op this past Weds. so imagine my surprise when my DR says "Kathy...you have had at least 2 heart attacks in the last 6-8 weeks!!!!" Sent me immediately over to the Cardiologist who did confirm all of this!! Put me on 2 different meds, gave me the nitro spray and said I must have Angioplasty ASAP!! This involves going to Calgary as they do not do this procedure in Medicine Hat.
Soo. my surgery was cancelled until I have all this other sorted out!! And I was sooo ready for the Hyst!! Just got over what I thought was my last period!! And it was the "period from hell!!"
I think I am still in shock over all this and am scared ****LESS!! Sorry about the term, but that is how I feel!! Will keep you all posted...THANK-YOU for listening and for all your support!!! You are all such

Back to being a
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2002, 10:30 AM
Hi Kathy

So sorry to hear that your surgery was cancelled, but glad they caught the heart problems you were having.

I'll be thinking of you and saying a prayer that they get everything taken care of for you.

Rest easy and get better soon. We're here for you if you need us.

Love and s,

Lisa
Unread 05-27-2002, 10:37 AM
Hugs to you!!

Aw Kathy,

I'm sure glad they found out what was going on with the chest pains! Although you are very understandabley scared about the upcoming Angioplasty, I'm sure your doc is a great doc and you'll do wonderful!

Even though your hyster surgery has been post-poned, I'm sure once everything else is taken care of, you'll again get a new date and be crowned a Princess

Take care Kathy and please keep us posted Sweetie!!

Hugs and blessings,

Laurie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2002, 10:54 AM
So Sorry

So sorry to hear things are going the way you planned. It probably is very good that you get this fixed and out of the way before your hysterectomy.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Unread 05-27-2002, 11:15 AM

That angioplasty ought to fix you right up. I can hear how scared you are, but these surgeries work well Kathy. How long I wonder will you have to wait until they will do the hysterectomy. Well for now, everyone knows it wasn't in your head...it was in your :HEART:.
Take care and keep us informed.

Maralyn
Unread 05-27-2002, 11:15 AM

Hi, Kathy! I'm so sorry to hear of your cardiac problems, and really sorry to hear that the drs didn't diagnose them for so long. That's scary! But it sounds like you have a good cardiologist now and will be getting good care for your angioplasty. Best wishes for this surgery and take care of yourself so your heart will be able to heal and be strong before you have to have your hyst. I know it's hard to cope with so many medical problems at once. Many s to you!
Ruthie
Unread 05-27-2002, 11:18 AM

Kathy, many, many to you.

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so sorry this is happening to you. God Bless you sweetie. Keep us posted.

TC
Unread 05-27-2002, 03:24 PM
heart attach

Did your pain cause the heart attacks??
Unread 05-27-2002, 06:03 PM

Sounds like exactly the right choice of words to me! You poor thing! Thank goodness you mentioned the chest pain, and your doctor listened. Heart problems often are last thing doctors think of with women. I hope everything goes smoothly for you

Now if you can just find the Angio Sisters web site...
Unread 05-27-2002, 08:06 PM
Just sent a prayer winging your way!

You wonderful sister! I am soooo sorry this has happened! I am also glad that they found this out before the surgery instead of while you were in the OR. That could have had disasterous effects! I will be thinking of you! Please let us know how you are doing and if you need anymore support. We are here for you!

s and es!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register