Granulation tissue or scar tissue? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Granulation tissue or scar tissue? Granulation tissue or scar tissue?

Unread 05-27-2002, 04:26 PM
Granulation tissue or scar tissue?

On the vaginal cuff I have two small tear drop shaped things hanging! They feel like firm jello filled balloons! Very small, like the size of cucumber seeds!

It hurts to touch them and is sore upon ovulation or when period time would be due. Almost feels like a pulling. When they are touched, it replicates the pain exactly.

Is this scar tissue or granulation? Anyone ever heard or had this?
Can't go to the dr right now. Hubbyis going in for his third surgery and we just can't afford it. No infection seems to be present.

Any one?
Thanks! Love Peanut
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2002, 06:05 PM

Hi Peanut, I am sorry that there is once again, a bump in the road of your recovery. As for your question, I am really not sure what that can be. You should check with your doctor. (I know what you wrote, but at least CALL him). It may be something that can be easily treated in his office. Perhaps he would be willing to accept his fee in increments. Doctors are usually pretty good about this stuff, especially when people are genuinely making an effort! I hope everything turns out ok. Please let me know what the doctor says....

All the best,
Rita
Unread 05-27-2002, 06:07 PM

You should call the doctor about this and see what they think. It could be a number of things and only your doctor can say for sure what it is. You might want to mention to them that you are having financial difficulities and cannot pay for another office visit -sometimes they do the post-ops for no charge. You have been through alot and deserve a complete recovery without lingering pain. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2002, 06:17 PM

Thanks Ladies....

I will call tomorrow but the dr who did the surgery has retired~! So much for someone who knows without looking huh!

So I will call my PC dr and see if there is anything he knows of. In the meantime, if there is anyone out there who had the same thing, Please chyme in.
Thanks
Peanut
Unread 05-28-2002, 07:45 AM

((Peanut)),
I'm sorry you are having such a rough time I'm glad your gonna call your Dr tho! Please let us know what he thinks?? Several Sisters here have suffered with Granulation Tissue so hopefully they will be along shortly and provide some more insight Hope you are able to feel better soon.....
Unread 05-28-2002, 10:04 AM
My office partner had...

two small polyps that sound very similar to what you are describing. Her doc lanced/clipped them in the office and they went away with no further treatment.

Hopefully something very simple like my office buddy, but only a doc will know for sure.
Unread 05-28-2002, 12:18 PM

Well, I talked to the dr this AM and he said it can wait. Of course if it is painful [DUH!], I should come in. But he feels it is harmless granulation tissue or scar tissue.
He says the problems with removing scar tissue is that it usually comes back and it is more uncomfortable the second time it returns. So if it is that, I will learn to live with it. Say a prayer it is just granulation or what nervous nel was speaking of~ SO I can be done with all this stuff!
Thanks to all!
I can't see the dr right away, but will do my best to get in there about a month from now.
Love to all
Peanut

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register