Perineorrhaphy/TVH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Perineorrhaphy/TVH Perineorrhaphy/TVH

Unread 05-27-2002, 08:22 PM
Perineorrhaphy/TVH

Hello everyone. I am new here. My name is Shelley and I am in Texas.

I will be having a TVH/perineorrhaphy due to thrombophilia (which started this all), cervical dysplasia and dysmenorrhea. I am 26 years old and have 2 kids (boy and girl) and a wonderful hubby.

My questions are:

1) Have any of you had a perineorrhaphy (surgical tightening of the vaginal opening)?

2) Have any of you had to go on heparin in the hospital with coumadin post op (duration 6 weeks)?

3) I take Maxalt MLT (rizatriptan) for headaches. Is this safe in the 2 week period before the surgery.

(I understand the info everyone gives is not a subsitute for the medical advice of my doctor.)

I guess that is just the start of my questions, but these 3 worry me the most. My surgery is the 10th of June.

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Shelley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2002, 12:19 AM
Welcome!

Hi, Shelley! Welcome to HysterSisters--best site for support and comfort and info! Sorry to hear you will have to have a hyst, but reading all you can here will help prepare you. Click on the 3 princesses at the top of the page to find pull-down menus with stories and hints from previous princesses. You also can click on the "search" button and type in a subject you are interested in, to read past threads about it. Some of the things you are asking about may be in past threads.

I will try to look up some of the topics you are asking, and post again tomorrow. You should ask your dr about taking your Maxalt in the 10-14 days before surgery. It sounds like your dr is well-prepared to treat your clotting disorder and prevent any related complication. I know there have been several hystersisters who had heparin before/after their hyst.

s and best wishes!
Ruthie
Unread 05-28-2002, 03:04 AM
Perineorrhaphy/TVH

Hi Shelley,

I wanted to add my welcome to Ruthie's and to let you know that as a result of the repair work that was done for my rectocele and cystocele, my vaginal opening was tightened. I am sort of guessing here that you may be worrried about whether you will have pain later on when you are released to have sexual relations again? At first it is a little uncomfortable, but we used lots of lubricant and it got easier each time for us.

Be sure to read the pre-op and post-op hints that Ruthie mentioned, and come back to ask more questions anytime.

's

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2002, 10:37 AM
Perineorrhaphy/TVH

Hi, again! If you have not had a chance to search for past threads, here is one about A&P repairs https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...t=a%26p+repair It seems like the perineal pain is worse than an episiotomy, but there are measures to help alleviate it--Tucks wipes, ibuprofen, donut pillow, etc. Some women do have a little more difficulty resuming sex because of the tenderness in that area, but as Karen said, lubricant will be a help, as well as taking things slowly. You will need to give it 6-8 weeks to heal properly.

It seems that rizatriptan has more of an effect on blood vessel walls, and I didn't see anything that showed an effect on clotting factors. But still you should ask your dr about taking it in the 2 weeks before surgery. It could cause blood pressure and cardiac effects--something the anesthesiologist should be aware of.

Are you seeing a hematologist for your thombophilia? It might be good to get a consult from one, so your blood clotting is kept within normal limits. Ask your dr if he will be using the massaging (auto inflating/deflating) stockings on your lower legs during surgery and the 1st day post op. Many drs use these to keep circulation good in the legs, to help prevent thrombosis. You also should keep in mind that many drs do not recommend HRT for patients with clotting disorders, so when you get to the point of menopause symptoms, you may have to take alternatives.

Hope this helps some. You can search for threads about "heparin" also. Feel free to ask any questions you think of. We'll be here to see you through this journey! s and best wishes!
Ruthie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register