Does this sound adhesion related?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does this sound adhesion related?? Does this sound adhesion related??

Unread 05-27-2002, 09:30 PM
Does this sound adhesion related??

Hi ladies !!! I am sitting here (in the most god-awful pain) wondering if there is a connection here that i have been noticing. I would like to know if any of you have had a similar experience.
Seems like, EVERY time i have a BM i get awful pain afterwards- feels like really bad menstruation cramps. Right now though the cramps are more to the left groin/leg area. I am wondering if this could be related to adhesions i might have. I have IBS but this is not like IBS pain, i have had it for many years & know the difference. But this happens after every BM any more. If i werent so tired i would probly go to the ER it is so bad :cry: If it doesnt get better soon then i will.
Sorry to be so whiny but i have been having such a hard time with this. My pain management dr. app. is June 25 which seems like forever.
Please let me know if any of you have had this happen, i would really appreciate it ! 's

Susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2002, 06:11 AM

'S Susan,

I get that too. I have very bad pain with BM's - usually. Somedays it is sooo bad - like today. I don't know what causes it. I think for me it has something to do with Endo - perhaps my bowel is involved. I also have IBS and know that this pain is different Sorry I wish I could be of more help to you my dear....

Please let us know how you are feeling....and what you find out at the ER (if you go).

Sending more 'S your way...
Unread 05-28-2002, 06:30 AM
I thought i was the only one

Hi Susan and Judgester !!!!

I too get those cramps, I got them before my last surgery a month ago and my Dr. thought it was endo but guess what it was adhesions! So i do believe that adhesions cause that feeling. I too have Ibs but its totlly different than that it feels as if i'm ging to start my period. Sometimes its a dull cramping other times its so intense i'm in tears !

I have my 1 month post-op appt. tomarrow i'm going to mention it to him since its starting all over again! I'm dealling with it for now when it gets real bad i have my lortabs and that helps some! Also i try to rest as much as possible although lately things have been around here!

Sending you tons of 's
Love Colette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2002, 07:08 AM

((Susan)),
I get the most awful pain wth BM's. Mine is a gut-wrenching ripping, stabbing pain that makes me scream and cry I had a Colonoscopy about a year or so ago and they were unable to make the 1st turn. The GI Doc said it was from Adhesions. They have narrowed that area of my bowel and it is adherred to my cuff area, hence the BM pain. I wish I could speed up time for you to have that Pain Dr appt get here faster! Is there anyway you could call or have your Dr call and stress the urgency of your situation and how bad your pain levels are?? Please go to the ER if it continues. Keep us posted and I hope you are able to feel better..... Susan
Unread 05-28-2002, 07:52 AM

Thanks Jude, Colette & Sheri- ! Boy, you guys sound a lot like me, my pain can be really bad sometimes too (like last night :cry: ). It got a little better pain-wise last night & i fell asleep on the couch watching some boring cooking show.
I am wondering if i should call my GP & have a colonoscopy or some sort of GI test done . Sheri - i noticed you had one done. I dread the idea of it, i had one done almost 2 yrs. ago when i had diverticulitis. I guess it would be useful in that it would show if my bowel is being strangled by those monster adhesions. Sheri: Did it actually show that yours was attached to the cuff? I have been wondering about that all along, i have had cramping ever since my hyst. but it is getting real bad recently.
I sooo wish that we didnt have to live with this. At least we understand each other. I didnt think i was alone with this "BM cramping thing" & i really appreciate your input !!

Thanks again, now its time to get ready for work, i will be back on before i leave

((((((hugs))))))
Susan
Unread 05-28-2002, 08:13 AM

Susan,
The Colonoscopy didnt show anything because they couldnt get in. It was sooo painful for me and My Gi Dr at the time refused to give me anything for the pain afterwards. I was supposed to reschedule but because of the way he acted I havent. I know I need to have this done but I dont know if I can take that pain again. I was in bed for 2 days afterwards and the Dr had told me the pain would be mimnal I do have a Malrotation which has my intestines and everything else all in the wrong places so it makes it harder for them to do this test on me, causes me more pain than normally too... As far as things being adherred to my cuff I had made 2 trips to the ER fearing I had total obstructions again. Imaging tests showed my intestines kinked and stuck to the cuff area, I just have to be extra careful cause my insides are a twisted, glued up mess! I dont think it would hurt anything for you to see a GI Dr, just to make sure nothng else is going on. Also a Colonoscopy can find early signs of Colon cancer or polyps that could possibly turn into cancer. Before my Mom passed she had to have these every 3 years just as a routine to check for polyps cause she had some removed twice before and we have a strong family history of Cancer. Your in my thoughts and prayers Susan, I know you are having a hard time with your pain. Keep us posted my friend.....

PS-Now that I thnk about it please have this test done to monitor that Diverticuli as well, that stuff scares me cause of what happened to my Mom
Unread 05-28-2002, 10:20 PM

Thanks Sheri -

That is terrible what you went thru with that test!! Have you considered going to a different GI dr. ?
My memory is foggy again - i had a barium enema done 2 yrs. ago NOT a colonoscopy. Cant remember anything anymore- DUH.........
Anyway, guess i will call my GP & see if i can get a GI dr. app. set up. I will be there tomorow anyway, i have to take 17 yr. old DS in for his in-grown toenail (which looks infected- this ISNT going to be fun).
Thanks for all the info- 's

Susan

P.S. - tried to get back on earlier before leaving for work & my computer wouldnt let me into the message boards -

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register