Happy & Home | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-28-2002, 12:09 PM
Happy & Home

Hi Ladies,
Sorry i haven't written sooner but time just passes by....I had my LAVH/BSO on 5/17. I entered hospital at 6:45am for 9am surgery.
Filled out papers and put on lovely Negligee(haha) and went to surgery area at 8am. Nurses took info and talked w/ anesthiologist. Everyone was great. Went into surgery at 9 and woke up at 12:30 in recovery. Dr didn't have to cut. He was able to do the surgery laproscopic. Greatest thing since sliced bread. I was on Demerol pump for 24 hours, catheter, and walking around Saturday night feeling grreat. Then sunday AM I wanted to die!!!They put me on pergeset. I woke up with a horrible headache and the nurse said I can't give you anything cuz there's tylenol in pergoset. It hurt so bad I began uncontrollablly crying. She came back and said oh I found out he also ordered motrin. Why are you crying she says. I wanted to hit her. I'm crying cuz I feel like SH>>. She said it was the third day blues.
I then had a hotflash. That was a thrill. Then a wonderful nurse came in and said "Honey you're just having your own private summer". She was so nice and calmed me down. she started me on Premarin .625 and it works!!! My DH and DS came to pick me up and I could have cared if I came home. I was so nauseated from meds. We left anyway. All the way home my DH had to pull over cuz I thought I was going to loose it. But I made it home, took a nap and began to feel better and have been feeling better each day. I did not fill my scrpt for pain pills and just used ibupropen or tylenol pm the first week as needed and it worked. Today I feel like I could tackle the world but know I better not I still have lots of recovery period left. My dh and kids have been wonderful. I'd be lost without them. We went to our place at the beach this memorial weekend and it was so peaceful. I Just relaxed. I thought I would loose a bunch of pounds but have only lost a few and now my appetite'x coming back. (darn).
Well take care all of you and thank you so much for your encouragement, card (which I cried over), and answers to all of my goofy questions. (although you encouraged me they weren't)
This is the best sight anyone could ask for. I feel like I should leave now my surgery is over. It's kind of sad.
Oh well, take care and thanks.
cheryl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2002, 12:53 PM
Happy & Home

Glad to hear you are home. I too got nauseated from all the pills once they pulled my IV and I had to start swallowing them. My DR came in and I said, man I have more pills in me than Carter's owns. He asked aren't you taking them w/your meals? I said well that does't work so well when they bring them to you at 5:30am and you don't get breakfast until 8am. In fact one day, I waited to take them until I got breakfast. Told the nurse I was going to wait to take them, she said no problem. I can handle the tablet form just fine, but when they come in that capsule, then I have problems, and that is how my antibiotic came. Yuck. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Rest, Drink lots of fluids, walk, and don't overdo!
Unread 05-28-2002, 06:05 PM
Happy & Home

Dear Cheryl,

Please don't leave - my surgery was more than 9 months ago and as you can see, I'm still here. We have a post-op board here:
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...p?s=&forumid=3

a chatter board here:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...?s=&forumid=10

a chat room, recipes, a board for ladies who need help with hormones, and lots and lots of post-op sisters.

I'm glad to read that you are doing well now and hope you continue to feel better each day.

's

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2002, 06:08 PM
Happy & Home

Cheryl, good to have you back. Nice to read everyone's "after" stories. Gives the rest of us some knowledge of what to expect.
Stick around!

TC

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register