Possible cause/solution to constant nausea... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Possible cause/solution to constant nausea... Possible cause/solution to constant nausea...

Unread 05-28-2002, 02:26 PM
Possible cause/solution to constant nausea...

Hi All,

Just thought I'd do a quick post and let you all know that my family doctor may have found the cause and possible solution to my constant nausea.

I had a gallbladder sonogram done last Thursday. It revealed 3 medium-sized gallstones...*SIGH* My fam. dr. thinks this is the main reason why I'm staying so sick. And since there is a positive history of gallbladder problems in my family, he wants me to have the gallbladder removed ASAP.

SOOO....while I impatiently await the hyst in July--44 more days, but who's counting , I now am faced with another surgery....*SIGH* I have an appt with a surgeon this coming Friday. I know the gallbladder surgery is nothing major, anymore...it's same-day surgery with only about a week's recovery time. It's just the added stress of another surgery that's driving me nuts!

My fam. dr. suggested having both surgeries done at the same time, but I'm not so sure I want to do that. I will ask the surgeon what she thinks, though. The plus side would be getting it all done at once and only ONE recovery period...

*SIGH* So I keep loosening the waistband of my pants and wearing the loosest fitting tops I can find....my roommate told me the other day that I do indeed look pregnant! Guess it's no wonder, what with a uterus the size of a 5 month pregnancy and still growing, then add the swelling and bloating from the gallstones.....

The good news is, not only has my roommate named my 2 fibroids (Fanny & Cheeky), she's now given the 3 gallstones names!! (Winkin', Blinkin' and Nod) And yes, she's totally nuts...LOL....but she keeps me from getting too far down over all of this.

If anyone else has had this same scenario, I'd love to hear how you handled it!

big hugs to all,
Ria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2002, 03:55 PM
Hi Ria-

Just a note to let you know I was diagnosed with gall bladder disease due to 24/7 nausea also. I also became very anemic during this time, due to heavy periods,and the fact I pretty much stopped eating. I was then diagnosed with fibroids, and couldn't have my cholecystectomy until blood count came up. My ob said he didn't want to do a hyst yet, so I finally had my gall bladder removed by lap cholecystectomy. If he had determined a hyst was best for me, I would have had both at the same time. Even though the lap chole was simple, it would have been preferable to me to have one surgery, one bout of anesthesia, one recovery, etc.. The day I my ob diagnosed my estrogen dominance he told me had just done gall bladder/hyst surgery, and although it had taken a little longer, everything had turned out fine. Estrogen dominance can be a factor in gall bladder disease, and I am convinced my extra estrogen contributed to my gall bladder stuff. I have seen one other post of another woman who had gall bladder/hysteretomy at the same time. Good luck in your decision! Julie
Unread 05-28-2002, 04:34 PM
Possible cause/solution to constant nausea...

I think I'm the woman she is referring too. I haven't had my surgery yet. It is scheduled for July 1. But I will be having a lap chole done for multiple gallstones at the same time as having the TAH.

My ob/gyn, the ob/gyn I went for a 2nd opionion & family doctor all suggested this so I wouldn't have to go through the anesthesia risk & recovery periods twice. They said it wouldn't affect my recovery time at all. They said my recovery will totatlly be driven by the hysterectomy. If I would have had to go through both surgeries, I would have had to go through the gallbladder removal first then the TAH because my gallbladder problems were more urgent.

The general surgeon has agreed to do the procedure on my ob/gyn's schedule since the TAH is a much more major surgery. He is actually going to rearrange his schedule for me in order to do this. He normally doesn't operate on that day.

I will need 2 pre-op exams because of this. One with my ob/gyn & one with the surgeon plus my family doctor wants to see me beforehand also so it is driving alot of doctor's appointments beforehand. The way it will work the day of the surgery is they pump my belly full of air & do the lap chole first. They will then drain the air & do the TAH.

Everyone was really great about this & agree that it is best for me in the long run. I would let all involved know & ask for it if I were you.

Any other questions, feel free to email me at [email protected].

Becky

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register