Camping @ 3 wks. post-op??? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Camping @ 3 wks. post-op??? Camping @ 3 wks. post-op???

Unread 05-30-2002, 01:19 AM
Camping @ 3 wks. post-op???

As Seeshelley said, alcohol can really pack a whollup after surgery. Check with your doctor, and even then, figure on being a "cheap date" for a while.

I went for about a 6-hours-each-way trip in a motorhome at *12* weeks, and I hurt enough that I had to lie down and rest the day after we got there. I didn't feel too bad, but I can't imagine doing it at 3 weeks.

So, I'm glad you've decided not to go on a trip at 3 weeks. Maybe, so you aren't missing out on *all* the fun you could arrange something at home instead. We had two parties during my 1st two weeks (I did *not* help!), and I was able to have fun and enjoy the company.

Just tonight my DH and I had a cookout on the back lawn - cooked salmon and corn pancakes over coals, watched the star come out... we even toasted marshmallows. Not the same as camping, but still fun. Maybe you could do something like that.

I gotta go clean the kitchen now... <yawn>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2002, 09:03 AM
I'm SUCH an idiot!!!

Wow, you girls are just like mother hens, aren't you? LOL
You gals are great, and I love it here so much....... don't worry, I'm definatley going to concentrate on I must be in a major ....... Do you know what I just realized??? I just looked at the calendar, and counted weeks from the date of my surgery......... at the 4th I'll only be TWO weeks NOT three!! As if three wasn't bad enough to consider trolloping off into the woods, LOL. (And don't tell DH he was right when he tried to convince me I'd only be 2 by then, but nope, nope HE was wrong & I was right, LOL) I don't know what in the world is wrong with me lately... the closer I get to my surgery date (3 weeks from today), the dumber I seem to get,.. has anybody else had this problem? I mean, for example,.. two nights ago,.. I decided to make spaghetti for dinner, right? I kept wondering why the darn water wasn't boiling.................. I finally realized I hadn't turned on the stupid burner!! I flipped out, started bawling, and then nearly put a dent in the side of my refridgerator,.. my DH didn't know whether to be alarmed or laugh! Then, if that wasn't bad enough, I finally get everything going like it should be, and Mmmmm doesn't the garlic bread smell good? But don't check it and go on about my business, spacingly stirring the pasta,.. Mmmm, doesn't the garlic bread smell good? BUT I still don't check it and go on about my business, spacingly stirring the pasta... Ew, YUCK, what's that SMELL??!!! Oh, crap, I BURNED the garlic bread!! No, no,.. I didn't throw it across the room, but I sure wanted to, LOL. There have been other examples, and some very nearly as awful for my tender emotions right now...... I'm like a freakin' LOON, LOL.
Anyway, needles to say again, but here goes,.. no way I'm planning any camping trips,.. this summer period. I already told my DH he has to do all the work for getting our oldest DD's together,.. Now that I know I will be only 4 weeks post-op by THEN. I'm even wondering now if I'll be able to handle going to in September... I'll be 12 weeks post-op then, and my doc said he thinks I'll still be getting WAY too tired and too easily, but I MIGHT be able to pull it off......... Anybody go there around 12 wks. post-op??? It'll be me, DH, our 3 DDs (6, 4.5, & 3), DH's 17 y/o cousin (getting free trip to go and help with the kids), plus MIL & FIL.......... MIL's wish for us all to go while she's hopefully still doing okay (Stage 3 - Ovarian Cancer, went to the castle 12/04/01, and then just finished chemo 4/18/02,.. we find out whether the chemo helped or not in July).
Anyway,... I feel like such a scatter brain....... any more help & advice here is much appreciated,.. I'm just always full of questions, aren't I? Thanks for the help!!
Unread 05-30-2002, 05:37 PM
Camping @ 3 wks. post-op???

Tahnee,
I lol when I read about camping. My surgery is 6-4 and I plan to camp on 6-29 for a week. My MD said I might not be up for it but I will do everything I can to go. My concern is the two steps into the trailer. DH will do everything for me. We were laughing about getting a runway so I would not have to do steps.
Guess I am not as crazy as I thought. It is nice to see others have the same plan!!
Jeanie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register