Doctor Says Yes! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Doctor Says Yes! Doctor Says Yes!

Unread 05-30-2002, 05:03 AM
Doctor Says Yes!

HI ALL... ME AGAIN, YESTERDAY I WENT TO THE 2ND DOCTOR AND HE READ MY CHART , EXAMINED ME, AND SAID SINCE I AM PAST MY CHILDBEARING AGE, AND THE HISTORY OF MY FAMILY AND SELF, THAT HE WANTS TO DO A COMPLETE HYSTERECTOMY ON ME. HE SAID HE WASN'T TAKING CHANCES ON IT BREEDING ON ANOTHER ORGAN. SO HE WANTS TO TAKE EVERYTHING OUT. THEN HE SAID I HAVE TO TAKE AN ESTROGEN PILL EVERYDAY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. HIS RECEPTIONIST WILL CALL ME WITH THE DATE.... SO FAR WE ARE LOOKING AT THE WEEK OF JUNE 25TH.
I AM VERY RELIEVED, BUT NERVOUS ABOUT THE SURGERY. I THINK I NEED TO READ SOME OF YOU LADIE'S PRE-OP AND POST OP STORIES. THANK YOU FOR YOU SUPPORT, AND TY FOR STARTING SUCH A WONDERFUL SITE THAT WOMEN CAN COME TO. EVEN MY HUSBAND GIVES YOU PRAISES!! GOD BLESS AND I'LL TALK TO YA SOON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2002, 06:24 AM
Doctor Says Yes!

I know that you've wanted this, so I'm happy you got the response you want. It's scary to feel as though you are out of control and when you try to gain control no one will help you. I'm glad you've found the help of a doctor you trust. I don't know much about hormones because I was able to keep my ovaries so I don't need them yet, but you might like to consider visiting our hormone jungle forum. Are you giving up your ovaries because you've had problems with them in the past? I only ask because most women who have cervical dysplasia are able to keep their ovaries. And healthy ovaries have a lot of benefits to us. Just curious.

Good luck, Apache! Let us know when you're going to the castle!
Unread 05-30-2002, 09:25 AM
Doctor Says Yes!

s Apache

I'm glad you went for that second opinion. I am with you on wanting it all out. Time to explore the other forums on hystersisters!
Keep in touch.

karenann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2002, 02:30 PM
ty ladies!

HI! TY FOR RESPONDING AGAIN...WOW U GALS ARE QUICK! HEHE

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION ABOUT MY OVARIES, THE DOCTOR CHOSE TO DO IT BECAUSE IVE HAD CYSTS ON THEM AND HE DOESNT WANT TO RISK ANYTHING ELSE. LOL @ CASTLE IS THAT WHAT U CALL THAT HERE? OK I GOTTA RUN FOR NOW ILL VISIT THE OTHER FORUMS I HAVENT MADE MY SELF AROUND THIS WHOLE PLACE YET!! SO MUCH TO SEE!! TY AGAIN!!!! GOD BLESS!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register