Why the Wait? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Why the Wait? Why the Wait?

Unread 05-30-2002, 12:40 PM
Why the Wait?

Well we want a chance to clean our house, write our will and worry!!! Of course that is a lie.

Too many needing surgery, not enough doctors or operating rooms. Saturdays are even filled.

The long waits are dreadfull. If possible, get in, get out, and get on with life.

Maralyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2002, 03:00 PM
Why the Wait?

My doc had a sudden run on hysterectomies, so was all booked up. I think he was having a sale, two for the price of one.

I found out I needed surgery the end of March, and had to wait until May 23. I could have gone with April 29, but I teach classes at our local community college and my last class with final exam was scheduled for April 30. There was no way I could get everything done, get a sub, and get my grades calculated and turned in. So, hence the wait.

While I was going through it, the wait seemed forever, but looking back, it wasn't that long at all. And ladies, the waiting IS the hardest part!
Unread 05-30-2002, 03:07 PM
Why the Wait?

I was originally scheduled for June 14th - but I didn't want to give up my summer with my kids. Good thing I postponed it - my mother in law broke her wrist this week and there went my childcare!

So I will have my new date the middle of June - it will be the first week of Sept. - the kids will be in school, so I'll have little worries!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2002, 05:12 PM
Why the Wait?

I could have had my surgery earlier than the up and coming June 19th, but I wanted to have it during the summer when I am off work (I work at a middle school). Doctor was already booked up for most of the summer, seems its a popular time for surgeries, so I was lucky to get the date I have.
Like someone else said, I have already waited out the pain, what was another few weeks?

Deb
Unread 05-30-2002, 05:25 PM
Why the Wait?

I'm waiting until school is out, which is tomorrow. Therefore, my surgery is Tuesday. He only has OR times on Tuesday afternoon and Fridays, so it has to work into the schedule. I scheduled it in April.

So now I'm busy , , and . Gotta work on a suntan. Practicing to see if I can sit down for several hours at a time. LOL Not working real well though. I hate not being busy.

Good luck to you on Monday.

TC
Unread 05-31-2002, 12:11 AM
Why the Wait?

I'm in school for my master's and wanted to wait for in between semesters. I'm only one semester away from graduating and don't want to delay it.
Unread 05-31-2002, 04:04 AM
Why the Wait?

Most of the time a hyst is elective surgery, and it is possible to schedule it for a time that is relatively convenient for things like help at home, replacements at work, etc. Also if someone is severely anemic and it's not an emergency situation they will try to get the hemoglobin built back up as much as possible.

Then there is also the DR's schedule and how booked the OR is. My Dr has surgery one day a week and she assists another DR one day a week, which leaves her 3 days for office visits, plus she's an OB so she also has babies to deliver.

This past winter I took care of my baby grandson while my DD was working so I in December scheduled my surgery for February when my DH could take a vacation to handle babycare, then my Mom filled in.
Unread 05-31-2002, 07:06 AM
Why the Wait?

My doc and I chose a time that would best suit me and the needs of my family and work. I liked having the time to get a few things done but it does give me more time to STRESS!
I just keep talking about it and trying to stay calm.
Unread 05-31-2002, 07:15 AM
Why the Wait?

My doc wanted to do a d&c, and it happened the next day. Waited three months, trying Aygestin, deciding to have the hyst. Once the decision was made, the doc wanted to do it the next week, but I had a prior commitment. Date was set for two weeks out, but there was no one to assist, so it was bumped out to three weeks after the decision to get the OR, the doc and the extra set of hands.
Unread 05-31-2002, 08:12 AM
Why the Wait?

My three month wait was a personal choice also. My Dr and I decided I had fought the bleeding and ect long enough and we agreed on a hyst. But I am an ER nurse in S. FL. The winter season is so busy at work and we were short staffed already. Plus I was getting lots of OT at work, which was nice financially. But the biggie for me was also the busy winter season, and not wanting to be a patient during a time that the health care system is FL is already over guerdoned. So I chose to wait until after our tourist season was over.

My person choice, but boy was it a long wait!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register