Question for those w/enlarg. uterus~ - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question for those w/enlarg. uterus~ Question for those w/enlarg. uterus~

Unread 05-30-2002, 02:56 PM
enlarged

I am so glad someone asked this question. When I went in for my Pap I mentioned that I felt like my stomach was getting bigger even though I was able to wear the same size pants (only tighter). That is when he did a pelvic exam and said my uterus felt big and ordered a sonogram of my pelvis. I had had one done 3 years ago and discovered some small fibroids (golf ball) so when this one was done it showed that one had doubled in size(baseball) and it was on the outside of my uterus. I thought I was just getting fat. Although when I really started to wonder about it was when I would lay down on my back my stomach would stay up there like when I was pregnant and before it would sink in. So my advice to anyone who begins to feel this way - don't chalk it up to age, weight gain or gas, get checked out so it doesn't get worse and cause more problems. I'm sure mine isn't as big as some but if I hadn't said anything he wouldn't have checked it out. I have never experienced a lot of pain just a little worse cramping and heavier periods than I used to have. Well anyway it will all be gone tomorrow. Wish me well at the castle. Hope to talk to you all soon.

s to you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2002, 03:30 PM
Question for those w/enlarg. uterus~

Well, I don't have Shashi's entire fruit salad going on but I could tell before the doc said so. Laying on the tummy on a hard surface was one way, and seeing my tummy round out when I laid on by back was another. It's different too, bending over. I feel something is at my mid section that doesn't like to bend.

If you have fibroids I don't know how you could have a normal sized uterus. I was at a 12 week pregnancy size, 5 months ago.

If you want to know if you will be thin and flat after surgery...that is another subject. Were you thin and flat right before the fibroids? What would really be nice is to blame all my gutt on the fibroids....but I know I can't.

Best of luck to all having surgery this week,
Maralyn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register