Catheter - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-31-2002, 06:03 PM
LIW

You're so right, Andi. My husband has been gone since early Tuesday morning and won't be home until Sunday. I think he's trying to get in all the travel possible before my life change. I don't really blame him, but I was upset today when he was packing for his second trip this week and didn't have time to go out to lunch with me. He said he had to get his car washed. For goodness sakes, the car will be parked all weekend while he goes to Monterey to play golf and party all weekend. My 3 girls are all PMSing (most of the time) and it's difficult to get some "me" time. So, I'm totally looking forward to my time off.

Amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2002, 06:18 PM
Catheter

LOL Amy!!!
Your girls are PMSing too?? I thought that was only going on at our house?!
Hubbys says they were taught how to PMS by the best!!

Thanks for the smile and laugh

Deb
Unread 05-31-2002, 11:25 PM
Catheter

OK, back to the catheter because that was one of my biggest pre-op fears. Mine was inserted after they gave me a spinal, so even though I was conscious, I was not aware of it at all. It was removed about 12 hours after surgery, and the removal was not painful, just a quick tug. I had no problem going to the bathroom afterwards. The nurse was not terribly impressed with my output, but I was thrilled.

I also took the iron supplements before surgery - 2 a day. Since I had the bowel prep the night before, and no solid food the day before surgery, constipation was not an issue while I had the catheter. It was an issue at times the first few days or so after I got home, but mostly I felt the build-up of gas. Drink lots of water - I stocked up on bottled water that I kept in my bedroom so I wouldn't have an excuse not to drink it, walk as much as you feel like you can, and have Gas-X handy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2002, 12:58 AM
Catheter

Amy,

I was glad to see Janet's Post because during my surgery (it was no accident) my uterous had grown to my bladder and my doc had to cut all of it away and sew up my bladder. I had to wear mine for 8 days ( some wear it longer from this, but God blessed me). I then had to go back and have a test of filling my bladder and checking for leaks to have it removed. so I was very to have had it in.

As to the other, I have muddy water now and before. I was told this would help it but am still waiting...

Even with my bladder incident, am very amazed with life after hyst being so wonderfully painless. I will be praying that yours is uneventful . Bren'

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register