aehayden's daVinci Robotic Hysterectomy Story*** | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > da Vinci Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

aehayden's daVinci Robotic Hysterectomy Story*** aehayden's daVinci Robotic Hysterectomy Story***

Unread 03-19-2016, 07:43 PM
aehayden's daVinci Robotic Hysterectomy Story***

aehayden daVinci Robotic Hysterectomy Story.

daVinci Robotic Hysterectomy
Age at Surgery 32

As far back as I can remember I have had trouble with heavy, long periods. After the birth of my second child, I decided to have a tubial ligation and the Mirena IUD inserted to prevent pregnancy and help control my periods. I went for an annual exam & the obygn could not feel the strings for the IUD so she sent me for a vaginal ultrasound where they discovered a fibroid tumor. She told me it was very small & no need for concern & to come back in 3 months & we will re-check the fibroid. I went back in 3 months & the fibroid had not changed in size so she cleared me until my next exam. A year later I decided to change my OBGYN. I had told her about my irregular bleeding & my previous OB had found the fibroid. She also sent me for a vaginal ultrasound. At that time she told me it was fairly large & she wants to check it again in 3 months. 3 months passed, I went back for ultrasound & this time the fibroid had grown from 3 cm to 9cm. My OB then referred me to an Gynocologist Oncologist. I was terrified. I went to see him & he recommended it be removed asap via Divinci Robotic. Surgery was March 17th, 2016.

Going in to the surgery I was very concerned about the C02 gas pain. My surgery took about an hour. My uterus, cervix, and tubes were all removed (kept ovaries). My surgeon ended up finding 6 tumors (ultrasound only showed 1). Two of the tumors measured 9cm & the others were about the size of a quarter. I will not have the results from the biopsy for a few more days.

The recovery has been challenging. I spent overnight in the hospital. The gas pains are not near as bad as I expected & very manageable. In the end I know I'll be able to confidently say it was a very good decision, even at 32, to have those large painful fibroids removed.

I am very pleased at the decision I made to have a hysterectomy.

Always trust your instincts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register