nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-01-2002, 04:43 PM
nervous

Iam scheduled for a TAH on June 25th. I was told the doctor would call me with my hospital date but they never did, so I called them & asked. They said I would get it in the 25th & that I would recieve a package in the mail. Well, it's been 2 weeks & no package & now the whole office is on vacation until it's almost surgery time. I called & just get an answering service that has no information. I'm afraid my date will be missed or rescheduled & I'll never know. Also isn't there pre-op stuff to do? I don't even know what time or what hospital! Also, I'm a Trek fan & I met Worf & Sulu at a convention. Great fun, but a little over the top!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2002, 07:34 PM
nervous

Hi, Noot6! That would be worrisome to me also if I didn't get confirmation of a date and hospital for my surgery. Usually you would at least have to have blood tests a few days before surgery, and some ladies have EKG and/or chest xray. At some hospitals, they want patients to have an appt for a nurse and/or anesthesiologist to go over your medical history and to answer any questions you have. At other hospitals (like mine), this was done over the phone a couple weeks before my surgery date.

I don't know what to say, since you have already talked with your doctor's answering service. Maybe you could leave your name and phone # with them, and ask for the covering dr to call you so you can ask for his advice. You can't even call the hospital to see if you are on the surgery schedule since you don't know which hospital! Do you know which hospitals your dr uses? Hopefully, the info has been delayed in the mail and you will get it shortly! Sorry you have to deal with this added stress.

(My dh and 3 sons are Trekkies, too, so I've seen most of those shows! We went to a ST convention once, but probably wouldn't again since it mostly is a seller's event that you have to pay to attend! )

s and best wishes to you!
Ruthie
Unread 06-05-2002, 04:39 PM
nervous

Hi Noot6:
I agree with Ruthie. I had a complete physical and the results had to reach the hospital 48 hrs. before my surgery. Maybe this is what your dr. is planiing. Now days papers can be faxed. You have enough to stress about. This is only the beginning of June. How long is your dr. going to be on vaca? I found out the hard way, that if you don't keep on top of these people and ask questions, then you will be left in the dark. It's very unfair. They don't realize how stressful surgery can be for us. My surgery went very well and waiting truly is the hardest part. I am 3 weeks post-op and doing wonderfully. I had a TVH took ovaries with bladder repair. Good luck to you and try not to stress too much. Easier said then done!
Regina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register