Home from the Castle | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home from the Castle Home from the Castle

Unread 06-01-2002, 05:34 PM
Home from the Castle

Hi There,

They did surgery yesterday morning, and let me go this afternoon. I did what you all advised, walked as soon as I could and drank alot of water, and peed all by myself!

I feel good- I have actually had cramps alot worse than this. I know, I know, I won't overdo it. I was in recovery forever. I finally asked the nurse if I could go to a room before the Kings/Lakers game came on, and they got me a room! The nurses all watched the last few minutes of the game with me- it was funny to hear them whipering and yelling at the same time.

I feel much better than I thought I would, and I am so glad it's over. The hardest part for me was the catheter- I came to screaming bloody murder, and they got it out right away. And I was so looking forward to not having to run to the bathroom all of the time! Oh well.

I'm going to go hang out in the sunshine with my dogs- more later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2002, 06:03 PM
Home from the Castle

Welcome home Dawn! I'm glad you were able to get up and moving quickly. But remember your good princess training....rest with feet UP, drink plenty of water & juice, avoid gassy foods, and take lots of little walks around the house, followed by more rest!

You are on the road to your healthy new life...your crown looks GREAT!!!

Karen
Unread 06-01-2002, 06:07 PM
Home from the Castle

Welcome Home Dawn,

I'm glad that it wasn't as bad as you had thought it might be, but please remember, as Karen already said, be sure to get lots of rest. You have many internal stitches that need time to completely heal, so enjoy pampering yourself for a few weeks.

's

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2002, 08:40 PM
Home from the Castle

Dear DawnMary,

If you don't mind me asking, what happened with the catheter? Was it awful? You just couldn't stand it? What kind of hyst. did you have?

Hope you feel better and better every day! Thanks....

Lauren
Unread 06-01-2002, 09:32 PM
Yay DawnMary - Welcome Home

Welcome home. There, now that wasn't as bad as you thought it would be was it? I know I got a pleasant surprise too, it was about a quarter as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Good to hear all went well. Sorry to hear about the cath though. Luckily I had no problems with mine - it stayed in for 2 full days post and didn't bother me at all.

How is your partner coming along?

Well, you have done the reading, so now, rest, drink, walk and recover.

All the very best to you and your partner.

Regards

Gail
Unread 06-01-2002, 09:33 PM
Home from the Castle

YEAH DawnMary!!

Ya did it!

Remember all the Princess training now...... LOTS, take little s and !!!!!

Love & Hugs
Unread 06-02-2002, 06:25 AM
Glad to hear that you're home!

Now the two of you can help each other recuperate! Take care and hope both of you (and the dogs!) are doing well.
Unread 06-02-2002, 10:23 AM
Home from the Castle

Hi All,

Okay- for Lauren- there is a little balloon that inflates on the end of the catheter that pushes the urine out. Most people don't even feel it, but it gave me that special 'urinary tract infection' kind of feeling. I wouldn't worry about it- they will take it out if you yell, and I didn't even feel the removal. Just drink LOTS of water- it makes it alot easier to go by yourself.

Thanks for asking about my partner, Gail and Nel. She's doing well- she may have a cracked rib, but she's cut way back on her pain meds and has a good attitude. It's amazing how grateful you are for your home after a hospital stay. The dogs are both thrilled. Poor Shir Khan, the sheltie, gets a droopy nose when things aren't right. His nose is back up in the air now.

I am SO glad that you all told me about the walking, and the water. I have had no trouble with gas. The people around me may have trouble with it, but for me, no troubles!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register