Great opportunity to participate in an online study about hysterectomy recovery! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Great opportunity to participate in an online study about hysterectomy recovery! Great opportunity to participate in an online study about hysterectomy recovery!

Unread 06-02-2002, 02:49 PM
Great opportunity to participate in an online study about hysterectomy recovery!

Hi gals,

If you will notice at the bottom of every page on hystersisters.com and rotating into the banner positions of pre-op and post-op forums there is an ad banner about a study from the University of Iowa for hysterectomy recovery. Your participation is requested.

$$ There is compensation for those that fill out the survey and send it in!

Just click on the button below or here for more info:

<Survey Closed>

Thanks for participating!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2002, 05:18 AM
surely participate

Dear Kathy,

I will be glad to participate in a survey when I get back from my surgery this week.

I also want to thank every sister for her help and the lovely card I received this morning. I am anxiously awaiting my 1/2 hour trip to Boise to my hospital and to get this "show on the road"!

My bowels feel a little rumbly from the bowel prep yesterday, but other than that--I am rarin' to go!!!!

LOL,

Suzi (Giggles)
Unread 06-07-2002, 07:47 AM
Brave

Kathi.. I hope all goes smooth for you. My date is 6-10-02. I hope all the anxiety I feel is unwarranted.... .

I have a 45 minute ride to the Castle... My poor DH!!
Is changing your mind allowed.. we ARE women!

God Speed your recovery..

Flash Gal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2002, 08:12 AM
Great opportunity to participate in an online study about hysterectomy recovery!

I think this is a great idea, Kathy! I'm so glad that you decided to involve Hystersisters in this study.

I tried to participate (am 8 days post-op right now) but was not eligible. To be involved you need to have a U.S. Social Security number. (I'm Canadian.)

I sure hope that many of my American sisters are able to participate. I think that it's really important that the medical community, in particular, becomes more aware of the incomparable health benefits that result from the unique brand of support and information available here (and only here).

Will there be a way that the rest of us can access the results?

Cecee
Unread 06-15-2002, 01:38 AM

I checked it out and I'm not eligible because it's been too long since my surgery. Just wanted to mention in case someone checks it out later... then realizes they waited too long- if you are post-op.. you have to be no more than 3wks post op to participate.
Unread 06-16-2002, 02:36 PM

Hi Gals, and thanks for considering participating in the survey. Yes, once the results are in, I expect we will have access to the results and we will be able to show them off!

Yes, the survey is for pre-op ladies and recently post-op (within the first 3 weeks). Please do not let your survey sit for too long....the research team needs them back soon!

Thanks so much!
Unread 06-18-2002, 12:33 PM
Survey

Just a note for the ladies on the survey:

It's fairly short for a university research survey (trust me!) and gives you a very good sounding board for things that you do and don't like about the site, the support you receive, and how you get it. It took me all of 5-10 minutes to fill out (which for those of us with says quite a bit!)

It can be anonymous should you so choose, so don't be shy! Fill out those surveys!

Suanne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register