A & P repair discomfort | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A & P repair discomfort A & P repair discomfort

Unread 06-02-2002, 11:52 PM
A & P repair discomfort

Had TVH with A & P repairs done 10 days ago and had 5 non-dissolving stitches removed after 1 week (- thank goodness!) Have felt great in the belly region, but am experiencing discomfort from the stitches inside. It feels like I have been sewn up with wire! It is uncomfortable to sit for any length of time, so have been lying down mostly. Any ladies who have had repairs done experienced this feeling? - Is this normal at this stage?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2002, 04:07 AM
A & P repair discomfort

It was more than six weeks before I could 'forget' I had repairs done. Healing seemed a slow process. I wouldn't notice any improvement for 2-3 days, and suddenly there'd be a big step forward (sometimes day-to-day there would be little steps back, though!).
These repairs are pretty tough on us. Please be patient and don't push it. You can undo the whole thing in just a few minutes by getting ahead of yourself.
Rest and take care.
Susan
Unread 06-03-2002, 05:40 AM
A & P repair discomfort

I can sure relate to that. My repair felt like it was done with wire, too. They poke and annoy for some time. I did not have trouble sitting up, but I did not have the anterior repair. Also, there is some variety as to how and what is done on these repairs.

Take it easy! Be esp. careful about not lifting too much as that would adversely affect your repairs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2002, 10:01 AM
A & P repair discomfort

I also had this type of discomfort after my TVH with Posterior repair. In fact, initially, that was the only pain I felt. While I still had residual discomfort from the episiotomy well into the 5th or 6th week, I can honestly say that it got a whole lot more comfortable around the middle of the 3rd week post-op

I did avoid sitting upright, since the discomfort was too much for me to withstand. Whenever I had to sit, I would sit on my tummy pillow.

I did use Tylenol to take the edge off the pain and would use a peri-bottle filled with warm water to spray the area after each visit to the bathroom. If you do not have a peri-bottle, get one of those condiments bottle from the dime store: it works just the same way or a washcloth soaked in warm water and patted gently over the area will also work.

Hang in there: it will get better, very soon
Unread 06-03-2002, 11:13 PM
Wonderful ladies - thanks!!

Thanks ladies for your positive thoughts and suggestions! Since I posted yesterday I feel that the repairs are a bit better today - sitting has not been such an effort as previously. Have been a really good Princess (no lifting, etc) and am lucky to have DH and Mum to look after me, so I have no excuse for being naughty, do I!!
Unread 07-08-2002, 09:48 AM
A & P Repair Recovery

Hi Aussie123,

I am 9 weeks post op on July 9 from the same surgery you had. I still have quite a bit of discomfort when sitting. The pain is near my tail bone. I also still feel like I am sitting on a very small ball. How are you doing these days? Do you still have any discomfort? Anything you could tell me would be appreciated.

Bless you,

Lisa
Unread 07-08-2002, 12:35 PM
A & P repair discomfort

I am a little over 3 weeks post op and I still have problems sitting for long periods of time. I visited with my mother yesterday and had to spend the entire time lying on her couch. I went to the store today for a few minutes and had to have one of baggers carry out my groceries. I don't live that far from the store and could barely stand driving my car a few blocks to get home. I ended up going to bed for a little bit. I go back to work full time in 3 weeks and wonder how I will sit for 8 hours a day. I think that it just takes time and I know that I don't have that much patience for this anymore. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Barbara

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register