Scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-03-2002, 06:03 AM
Scared

Is anyone else out there scared that after surgery the problems you have now wil still be there? I have such incredible pressure in my lower back that is just getting worse by the day. My doc says it's the endo, but what if it's not?? My bowels have been very "active" for the past 3 months and I'm afraid that maybe there's something wrong there instead. I'm really worried about this. This was one of the main reasons I went to see my doc a couple of months ago, so he knows that's where most of my pain/pressure is at. My general doc. ran several basic tests before she said I should go see my gyno, so am I just being a worry wart? I just don't want to go through this major surgery and have them go, oh ya know what I think it's something else! I have had the same gyno for 20 some years, so he knows me very well. I guess that should make me feel better, but as the day gets closer - I get more scared. This is awful to say, but I would feel so much better if I knew that someone else had the same symptoms as I do! Thanks for listening. I'm sure as the day gets closer, my worries will get worse!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2002, 06:41 AM
will the pain go away?

Sherry,

I am having a TAH/BSO on June 12th. I have all the lower back pressure like you and pressure in the front. My gyn did a lap in April and told me that due to everything being enlarged, covered with cysts and vericose veins that is what the pressure is from. However, as the date nears I find myself wondering if this will really end it. I feel like I'm putting way to many expectations on this one surgey and I'm going to be dissappointed. I know what my doctor told me but it doesn't make me quit worrying either. Maybe this is a normal pre-op jitter?

Charlotte
Unread 06-03-2002, 06:52 AM
Thanks

I want to say I'm sorry you have all those symptoms, but I'm so relieved I'm not the only one. I also have pressure in the front. In fact I thought I had a bladder infection because of the pressure and spasms. But doc. said it's all related. The pressure in my back gets worse the more I'm on my feet. I will keep you in my thoughts on the 12th. Keep us posted on how you are doing after your surgery. I think you are probably right, and it's all just normal worry before surgery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2002, 08:26 AM
Scared

I too have terrible pressure/pain in my back. I have a bloated or very full feeling in my stomach. I have been told on the chat board that this is very common. I have also read many posts here that say this is normal. I am looking forward to the hyst to see if it will help. I am having a TAH/BSO on June 14th. I will be thinking about both of you and wishing you both the very best.
Unread 06-03-2002, 08:48 AM
Scared

Aw Sherry I'm sorry you're so worried..but it's entirely normal!

Last year I had a full G-I study done (upper and lower) to exclude things like irritable bowel syndrome (which can cause identifical pain/diarrhea symptoms as endo adhesions), colitis, etc. Although it wasn't the most pleasant of experiences (Having a rubber tube with a camera up my bum is not my idea of fun!!), it was worth it, as I knew afterwards for *sure* what the problem was not. The only thing was, my ob/gyn had forgotten about my G-I studies, and wanted me to have another set before we scheduled the hyster. He's a DO, and is more inclined to look at non-invasive measures before surgery - but once I'd told him what had happened, he was fine.

Sooo..I guess what I'm saying is...before you have this major surgery, it just might be an idea to have some tests done (if you haven't already) - it'd be awful if you had the hyster, only to discover your pain is bowel-related.

Lots of love and warm hugs,

Tess

Unread 06-03-2002, 09:14 AM
Scared

Thought I'd come over to Pre-op and see what's on you girls' minds. On the 15th I will be 5 months post and just wanted you to know that yes, I worried that all the bladder pain, leakage, pressure in my back and sides would still be there. I am one who got better gradually. The pain in my back was gone immediately but the rest has gone with the healing process. I do agree that all the tests need to be run first. The good thing is that you have a DR you trust, you've been with him a long time and he knows you. My DR. of 24 years retired just before I decided to go, so I had to find a new DR. Everyone is different, but I am finally feeling better then I have in 10 years. Good Luck to you, and if I can help e-mail me. 's, Karlene
Unread 06-03-2002, 09:37 AM
Scared

Sherry,
Hi. I also had the lower back pain. I kept thinking it was my kidneys. I finally found out that the uterine prolapse was causing it. I had my LAVH 8 weeks ago and I have had no more lower back pain. Good luck to you. I am sure you will be fine. Keep us updated and please talk to your doctor about your concerns.
Unread 06-03-2002, 10:23 AM
Scared

Sherryann,

Don't feel bad, it's normal to be scared before the surgery. Lot of things run through your mind. But I have to say, try to take it one step at a time. Get through this first and see how you feel. You have had tests run, and your doctor has known you for many years. If you trust them, then that's the first step down the road to feeling better.
Many women have pain and pressure either in their abdomen or lower back, usually all related to their gyn problems. You are not alone in this.
Hopefully, after your surgery you will come back and say "I feel wonderful, what did I ever worry for". Best of luck to you. Keep us posted, and remember we are here for you before, during, and after your surgery. You have found a wonderful, supportive group of women here at hystersisters.

Melissa
Unread 06-03-2002, 11:43 AM
Thank you!!!

For all of the replies. It helps to talk to others who have or have had the same concerns! I will definitely talk to my doctor during my pre-op visit about my concerns. I can't wait until I'm one of those who say, "I feel so much better. I'm so glad I did this!!"

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register