Less than 12 hours... (4/15) �� | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Less than 12 hours... (4/15) �� Less than 12 hours... (4/15) ��

Unread 04-14-2016, 11:45 PM
Less than 12 hours... (4/15) ��

So I have to be at the hospital in less than 12 hours for my hysterectomy. I'm freaking out. As I expected I would. I've cleaned everything I can. I drank all this bowel prep stuff with no results from it and now I'm worried it's king to hit overnight or even worse when i get to the hospital! But of course the actual surgery has me a mess. I have a severe phobia of medicines. I haven't taken anything in 5 years. Not even an Advil. Now I'm about to be given a whole bunch of stuff! I'm a mess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2016, 12:49 AM
Re: Less than 12 hours... 😳

For my prep I was on a fluid diet for 2 days and took the bowel emptier (Picoprep) at around 5.15pm. I was really worried that nothing was going to happen as for the next few hours all I had was rumbling and grumbling in my tummy. However, famous last words as it came on with a vengeance at around 9.30pm - more than an hour longer than it was supposed to take! I was a bit worried that I would not get any sleep the night before my surgery. I am pleased to report that it was all out by just after midnight.
As for the medication etc. I opted for a general anaesthesia and for the first time ever I was totally put to sleep in the theatre prep room - one injection in my hand, a rush of extreme euphoria and then I woke up in recovery.
Make sure you tell your doctors and other staff about your fear of medication etc. and they may be able to offer you alternatives or put your mind at ease by telling you what each tablet/injection is for and how important it is.
I got really nervous before the 'big day' too and seriously contemplated cancelling the whole thing. Please remember the reason why you are doing this and look forward to how much better your life will be once it is all over with.

I really hope all goes well for you.

Sending you love and hugs.

Anglo
Unread 04-15-2016, 05:07 AM

Thank you for sharing. I got a few hours sleep. Unfortunately nothing has resulted from my bowel prep. I still have grumbling and bubbling but that's all. I have 5hours before I have to check in and as much as I tell myself to not be nervous .. My brain laughs at me and takes off in a whole other direction. 🙁 I keep thinking reschedule. I'm not in severe pain or anything. I'm going in anemic and my monthlies are always so bad that the hysterectomy is my only choice. It's hard to walk into a place with no pain and say cut me open. So it's so easy to say in my head I can wait another month.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2016, 05:20 AM

Good luck today!! I will be doing this next Wednesday and am having the same sort of anxieties about the whole thing. I am really appreciating everyone's post op stories because it shows that we can get through this.
Unread 04-15-2016, 05:25 AM

Me too! I go TODAY....nerves are getting to me. I feel the exact same way...at this moment I'm not hurting so to willingly go in and do this freaks me out. Off to shower and putter away 3 hrs before we have to leave to the hospital. Ugh!!!!!!!
Unread 04-15-2016, 05:56 AM

Good luck to you today too JJ!!
Unread 04-15-2016, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel56 View Post
Good luck today!! I will be doing this next Wednesday and am having the same sort of anxieties about the whole thing. I am really appreciating everyone's post op stories because it shows that we can get through this.
I will definitely be on to give a post op as soon as I can. 😅
Unread 04-15-2016, 07:11 AM
Re: Less than 12 hours... (4/15) ��

best of luck for today ladies, i pray for peace for all of you so that you are calm, cool and collected
Unread 04-15-2016, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJOntario View Post
Me too! I go TODAY....nerves are getting to me. I feel the exact same way...at this moment I'm not hurting so to willingly go in and do this freaks me out. Off to shower and putter away 3 hrs before we have to leave to the hospital. Ugh!!!!!!!
Good luck today. See you on the other side! Just remember you are not alone! I've been up since 4 trying to tell myself why not to do this. Im with ya JJ! 😅
Unread 04-15-2016, 07:55 AM
Re: Less than 12 hours... (4/15) ��

One hour till I check into pre-op! Nerves are on the go!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register