Internet Withdrawals Anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Internet Withdrawals Anyone? Internet Withdrawals Anyone?

Unread 06-05-2002, 09:04 AM
Internet Withdrawals Anyone?

The wait is over. The anticipation of surgery is about to end. Today IS my surgery day! However, there is one “little” detail I forgot to ask the HysterSisters! The dreaded Internet withdrawals. What? Two, three, maybe four days without getting online? The lifeline I most cherish. How will I do it? How did they do it? Awe heck, if those gals can, so shall I!
As I am wheeled out of my room, I peer back at my laptop, wondering if already “new” messages have arrived. Thank heavens for that quaint little place called “lala land” I’ll be going to, where I’ll have no cares or concerns or pain; where visions of e-cards dance in my head.
Wow! That was quick! Already, I am in route back to my room. Surgery over? No way. Way. Yes, even in my grogginess I am imagining the sounds of “Madam, you have mail.” Soon, I will be surfing again.
Day two is here and I wonder where day one went. Focus. You have to in order to read email. From across the room, my partner asks, “Baby, you got an email greeting card. Would you like me to open it?” YES! As she does, I doze off. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.
Welcome day three. Without a doubt today will be the day I will get online. Not! Breakfast. Here are your meds. Let me show you how to remove your catheter. Ready for your shower? Time to get dressed. More post op directions. Just sign here, and you are on your way. See ya!
What? No time to connect? ****. Get me my chocolate!

Happy healing everyone!!!!

LadyFlea
TAH 5/30/02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2002, 10:55 AM
Thanks for brightening my day!

Your post made me giggle
I too went through the internet DT's and can totally relate as all my friends are online! (Have no friends in this dumb town...all I have met have been flakes and my family is far away!)
Behave and remember all of your training!!
By the way, where are you at in No.Calif.? I'm in Modesto!
s and s
Janet
Unread 06-05-2002, 11:29 AM
Internet Withdrawel

Boy, can I relate!!!! Most of the third day (I was too out of it and sick the first two days to care) in the hospital, I was chomping at the bit to get home so I could get online and see how my Hysterbuddies were. (Most of my castlemates got home the day before me.) As a matter of fact, 15 minutes after shuffling in the door, I was in my recliner and online, and I've been here ever since.

This website has been my anchor through the whole ordeal. I don't know what I would have done without Hystersisters and without my Hysterbuddy, Tracy. I'm glad I didn't have to find out!

s and prayers for an uneventful and speedy recovery,

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2002, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the giggle.

Gosh, I really needed to laugh right about now. My DH is on his way to Kuwait as I type. :-(

Sounds like you are doing just fine. Best Wishes.

Amy
Unread 06-05-2002, 11:37 AM

I can relate to having internet withdrawals. If I go a day without getting on line, I feel as if I have missed everything.
JDD, I noticed your in Modesto. You think that's a dumb town. I'm not that far away. I'm at the Naval Air Station in Lemoore. Now I'm in a small dumb town. LOL. When people ask where I live, I say No where's ville CA. I don't even bother saying Lemoore, I say I live in by Fresno. Can't wait until we leave in a couple of months. Hip hip hooray. Tammy
Unread 06-05-2002, 11:42 AM
Amy

I'm sorry to hear your husband is headed off to Kuwait. My ex-husband is a Green Beret medic and he's been deployed to several different dangerous areas during this war. Even though he's my ex and was horrible to me the last few years of our marriage, he's still my children's father and I've forgiven and forgotten the past. And I worry about him.

So I have an idea of what you are feeling right now. Please know that you and your husband will be in my prayers.

Many s to you.

Lisa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register