the belly ring?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

the belly ring?? the belly ring??

Unread 06-05-2002, 11:30 AM
the belly ring??

Hello Ladies...hope everything is going good today...... I am curious, I was talking to the nurse in pre-op yesterday and the said a whole list of things not the wear such as contact lenses, make up deodorant,purfume, and so on.... she said that I am not to wear any jewlery except my wedding ring which they will put tape around my finger b4 hand or if i wear a Cross it can stay on also....ok heres my issue..I am having a TVH and they are not going in through the navel with the scopes or anything.....I have a C curve belly ring...it was done about 18 months ago....It fell out 2days b4 it was a yr pierced and closed rather quickly and HURT really bad to have the guy force it back in, She said it has to come out..I just called the drs office and left a message to ask them what the drs thoughts are on this issue...I mean if hes say it come out it comes out....but if they can tape it I would love them for it....What do you think the verdict will be???
*hugs* Hail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2002, 12:27 PM
the belly ring??

I had the same concern and asked my Dr., and she said that she would prefer that I remove it and then put it back in after the surgery. But when I explained to her that it was still healing and I'd hate to remove it because it hurt for so long when I had it done, she said that she would try to work around it for me. So it really is up to your Dr.
Unread 06-05-2002, 01:18 PM
the belly ring??

If they do make you take it out, maybe they can do something helpful like put a big, thick "stitch" through the hole to keep it open. Couldn't hurt to ask.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2002, 03:53 PM
the belly ring??

Hi Haileigh

I have a belly ring too and my last laporscopy surgery my doctor just taped it up out of the way, I had an incision just under it. Now I am having a LAVH and she said that she would do the same thing.

I agree with the other sisters, ask your Doctor. Who knows my doctor thought it was too nice to have it heal up. My doctor is a female and she was really nice about it.

Hope this helps.

Kerri
Unread 06-05-2002, 04:30 PM
the belly ring??

Thank you so much....as i expected the drs did not call back...UGH..i am not so much worried about my ring...but I also have this cold creeping in and well I dont need it now...but out of 2 docs neither has called........i am guessing it not a major concern at this time..I will call again tomorrow...
*hugs*
Hail

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register