What fun things have your kids done? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Surviving Parenthood

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What fun things have your kids done? What fun things have your kids done?

Unread 06-07-2002, 11:10 AM
What fun things have your kids done?

Hurrah! I am sooo happy! My #2 DS only had his hair HIGH LIGHTED in blue, instead of having it bleached and dyed completely blue! (This kid has had blue, black, brown and Crayola yellow hair in the past couple of years). His hair is naturally dark, and blue high lights aren't bad, but I really was kind of dreading being the "mom of the kid with blue hair" again.

Am I the only one? No piercings, no tattoos, so I guess I should consider myself lucky?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2002, 08:16 AM

LOL... great topic

My youngest DD (turning 10 soon) wants the bottom 3 inches of her long hair dyed perm. blue. She has beautiful dark hair as well. I am going to let her do it for her b-day!!! She has always been the kid who did different things.. she deliberately wears two different colored socks everyday and makes sure her clothes do not match at all. She is great! Has the best of attitudes.

My oldest DD just got her belly button pierced for her b-day. Man I wished I had a tummy like hers...lol! She also has her 'upper' ear area pierced once. Thankfully she is not going to get any face piercings because she knows that in the future it could effect her ability to get a good nursing job.
Unread 06-11-2002, 08:25 AM

Gee, my navel has been pierced twice - by doctors trying to look inside. But my tummy's nothing to look at, so no rings thanks.

The mismatched clothes sounds like my kid Intentional, and loved being different.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2002, 06:35 PM

Well my kids are still young..but there was that time that DD decided she wanted her hair cut and we called her "SPIKE" for a few weeks.. and the first pair of cowboy boots that we got DS, that didn't come off for 5 days except for the baths..he slept in them too..

I am sure that there will be many many more in the next 10 years..

Hugs,
Laura/Orchid
Unread 06-23-2002, 06:22 AM

Our oldest wants her belly pierced, I told her when she was 16 that she would have to wait until she is 18 to get it done. She's 17 now. She's going to pay for it, I will be going along to make sure that the place is clean! She also wants her upper cartilage on her ear pierced, I have that done twice on one ear, I think she will be 18 for that as well. Once she's not in the house though, but in college, I cannot really see her doing anything else. The youngest just told me recently, like a few days ago, that she wants her tongue pierced! I told her that she will have to wait for the braces to come off and be 18. Maybe by then she will change her mind? I had my tongue done last year, but took it out about week 1 when it was healing. I don't like waking up to a blood filled mouth!

Sara
Unread 11-23-2002, 05:23 AM

they keep us on our toes, dont' they??

My DS (10 yrs old) has dark brown hair. He wants the top of his flat top haircut bleached blonde and he spikes it up. Well, Uhh, Ok. Its his head.

DD, she's 13. Lets see, in the last 6 months, we have went through, Getting the ends of our dark brown hair, that is almost down to her lower back area, dyed red. THen the whole head dyed an 'eggplant purple' color. Double ear piercings (the first set, she got when she was two and the second set I got her for her 13th birthday). Then she wanted a belly piercing, an upper ear piercing, a tattoo across her lower back of a vine with a heart and her name in it, an arm band tattoo, Nose piercing, eye brow piercing and the tongue. All of that got nitched. Absolutely not. Now she wants her whole head dyed a different shade of red with hot pink highlights. This, I have OK-ed. Why? Because I would rather deal with the 'kid with the crazy hair' than the piercings. Kids at her school are piercing themselves and trying to tattoo each other. The hair will grow out/back. THis way, I agree to something nutty for her and I'm not saying a flat out NO to everything. SHe doesn't smoke, do drugs, drink, etc. I would rather have the crazy hair. If the worst I have in her teen years is red hair with pink highlights, I am one Blessed Mom!!

to everyone!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register