My Baby Girl Is Graduating From High School Tomorrow. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Aching Hearts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My Baby Girl Is Graduating From High School Tomorrow. My Baby Girl Is Graduating From High School Tomorrow.

Unread 06-07-2002, 04:00 PM
My Baby Girl Is Graduating From High School Tomorrow.

I KNOW THAT THIS IS REDICULOUS, BUT I FEEL A FLOOD OF TEARS EMERGING. MY BLONDE HAIRED BLUE EYED BABY GIRL IS GRADUATING IN THE MORNING AND I AM HAPPY FOR HER BUT AT THE SAME TIME, I AM FEELING SORRY FOR MYSELF.

SHE IS LEAVING FOR SENIOR WEEK TO THE BEACH AND I AM CONCERNED ABOUT THAT AS WELL. SHE TURNED 18 THIS PAST WEDNESDAY AS WELL. IT IS ALL HAPPENING TOO FAST!

SHE IS SO EXCITED ABOUT HER VACATION AND I DO NOT WANT TO RUIN IT FOR HER BY BU= WHOING. I DO NOT WORRY ABOUT HER AS MUCH AS I WORRY ABOUT ALL THAT IS AROUND HER.

I WILL MISS HER TERRIBLY, BUT I KNOW THAT SHE NEEDS TO GO. I HAVE DONE THE RIGHT THING AND BOUGHT HER SOME CUTE JAMMIES AND BEDROOM SHOES AS WELL AS A BUNCH OF STUFF LIKE FOOD AND SUPPLIES THAT SHE WILL NEED WHILE A WAY. (INCLUDING A PHONE CARD)

HELP ME LADIES, I FEEL THAT I AM GETTING OLD. THE HYSTER DID NOT HELP ME MUCH, MY EMOTIONS ARE SOARING AT HIS MOMENT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2002, 08:38 PM

Oh Annnette,
I remember when my first child left to go to college. I felt so empty. I still had a child at home but one doesn't replace another. I wish I could wave a magic wand and tell you not to worry but I can't. Time does make it easier but you will always miss her. I am typing this from my oldest son's bedroom turned office. I left it "his" room for several years but finally realized he wasn't coming back. He's 27, has a good job and is happy with his life. That's what we spent all those years doing.... teaching them to become productive adults. He knows he is welcome if he needs to come "home". Your doing the right thing by being supportive of her. She knows you love her. Now, about you.... is there something you always wanted to do? To learn? Now is the time. Do you like to walk? Exercise does so much for our sad tired bodies and gives us a new outlook in life. If you are taking care of you, your daughter will see that and it will make it easier for her to do the things she needs to do. She won't feel the need to fill a void in your life. Take care and e-mail me and let me know how you are. Sending lots of 's your way, Karlene
Unread 06-08-2002, 02:11 PM

I know I know I know

I so know what you are saying and feeling, I was married very young and my kids were born in my teens they were my life I am so close to them even today I speak to them every day. We live close to one another and see eachother alot. I felt as if I really grew up with them I am 46 and my oldest dd is 30 today!!!!! I can't even tell you how I felt as I watched them grow up so fast and go to college get married and have children.I sat yesterday and cryed how can my baby be 30????

I am like a vido head I look at them and go all through the years...I was so scared when they went off to college I cryed and carried on so bad that my daughter picked a college close so I could go see her . We lost my husband to a car crash when my kids were just starting their teens so we have been through so much together... I just wanted to reach out and say I KNOW!!! But you will ajust.... My kids say Im the baby of the family

Good luck and much blessings to you and family

"SIS"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2002, 08:21 AM

First, congratulations to you and your daughter. You have done a wonderful job as a mother, raising a two young women ready to take their places in the world. Its wonderful that she's looking forward to her first real adult trip with great anticipation and not fear - that says a lot for mom, you know.

Sometimes I look at my boys (now junior and sophomore) and I just can't believe my eyes. They are so ready to do things on their own, and it's hard to make that mental adjustment.

Hang in there, I know how tough this is. I pet the dog a lot these days, its a wonder she still has hair.
Unread 06-09-2002, 06:30 PM

dear karlene, sis & lisa,

thank you so much for the encouraging words. my daughter called form the beach, safe and happy! she had so much excitement in her voice. she has chose her friends well, so i know they will all look out for one another.

graduation went smoothe enough. i filmed the entire time so that took my mind off of blubbering. it was a beautiful ceremony and i saw her as a young woman for the first time! it will be a time of adjustment, but i am truly happy for her. my heart swelled with pride.

what's that saying? if you love something, you have to let it go....so on and so forth (ect)

yes sis, i believe in angels also. they are watching over all of our children, for that is what makes life worth living!

S
annette

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register