Need some encouragement.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need some encouragement.... Need some encouragement....

Unread 06-08-2002, 11:15 AM
Need some encouragement....

Hi ladies!

I just need a little encouragement. I had a TAH/BSO on May 7th due to some side effects from my treatment and diagnosis of Stage 2B breast cancer.

I rolled over the other night and was awakened by pain in my breast. I then discovered why, a new tumor has reared it's ugly head. My doctors are on vacation, so I don't no who to call plus I start chemo again next Friday, June 14th.

Needless to say I am a little (who's kidding a lot) fearful.

Please keep me in you prayers and I will take any encouragement available.

Thank you, you all have been such a life saver and a blessing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2002, 11:31 AM
(((Jan)))

Hey sweetie,
We're here for you. I just wanted to stop by and give you a big and let you know that you're in my thoughts and prayers. I do understand the chemo, and I pray that it goes smoothly for you! The ladies will be by shortly, so hang on sweetie. I'm praying!
love ya bunch,
In Christ
Unread 06-08-2002, 12:00 PM

(((Jan)))

There must be an on-call doctor for your oncologist? I know it isn't the same as your own, but perhaps there is someone who can see you over the weekend? Don't rush to judgement too fast on the lump - while you are rightfully concerned (and it should be examined as soon as is possible), it could be something different --try to keep calm for the weekend.

Dorrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2002, 01:22 PM

Hugs Jan!!

I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis, and I am sure the effects of the chemo have been hard enough without the added recovery of the hyster. God love ya, you have been through alot!!
I as well will keep you in my thoughts and prayers Jan. Wishing you all the best with your treatment next week.
Keep good thoughts, and as Dorrie said this new pain could be something unrelated.
Keep us posted on how you are doing! There are a lot of us here who have been through chemo and know how rough it can be.
Sending big hugs!!
Maria
Unread 06-08-2002, 01:26 PM

s Jan

You have been through so much!!!!! My heart goes out to you. If I recall from an earlier post, didn't you have radiation as well. I agree with Dorrie. Don't go jumping to such scary assumptions. Having recently had chemo, would a new tumor present so quickly, be palpable, and be painful? I don't really think so. Could it be an area that is suffering with some effect of radiation? Or maybe even a little absess? I am trying to think of all the possibilities to make you feel better. Please don't think I am downplaying your concerns.
How has your appetite been?
Stop back and let us know what is happening.

karenann
Unread 06-08-2002, 01:46 PM

To all thanks for the hugs. They have helped a lot. Karenann, yes I have been through radiation. I finished my radiation in late February. Inanswer to your other question, the appetite is not good, I really have to force myself to eat. The only thing that has tasted somewhat decent is salads and strawberries. As it gets hotter, I really do not want to eat, but I know what my body needs and my church family will kick my behind if I don't.

I will keep you all posted as to what occurs and how treatment goes.

Thanks again for the hugs and prayers.
Unread 06-08-2002, 06:32 PM

{{Jan}}

I'm so sorry you are having this scare, especially when your Dr's aren't in. I would also be prone to give the on call Dr a ring. It couldn't hurt and just might ease your mind.

Good luck with your upcoming treatment, I hope it goes swiftly with little or better yet NO side effects.

Keep us posted on how you are doing when you can and if you find out anything on that painfull area. We'll be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 06-09-2002, 05:53 PM
JAN

I, too will keep you in my thoughts and prayes.

God Bless You,

Lana

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register