5 days post hysterectomy: Did anyone get the plate # of the truck that hit me �� | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 days post hysterectomy: Did anyone get the plate # of the truck that hit me �� 5 days post hysterectomy: Did anyone get the plate # of the truck that hit me ��

Unread 07-25-2016, 03:18 PM
5 days post hysterectomy: Did anyone get the plate # of the truck that hit me ��

Hi everyone,

I had total hyster and kept my overies on July 20th (abdominal bikini incision).

So this is day 5 huh..
I'm feeling so exhausted from doing absolutely nothing and still feeling discomfort and pain.
I guess I keep wondering when will I start to feel like me again ?

Thanks for listening, so glad I found you sisters !
Eleni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2016, 04:27 PM
Re: Did anyone get the plate # of the truck that hit me 🙄

No truck, just really major surgery that many women seem to underestimate the effects of!

Feeling fatigue, discomfort, pain and pressure, dealing with gas, slow bowels and insomnia are all part of the healing process, especially only 7 days in. Even though you kept your ovaries you may very well experience some hormonal shifts, as your ovaries get back to "normal" function without that uterine artery. You may be teary eyed, angry, emotional, sad, etc.

At 3 weeks post-op, you'll start to feel better. But then, you'll over do it (you will!) and your stitches will start dissolving - so you'll experience more pain and pressure, and possibly even some spotting. Even if you didn't experience swelling before, it's likely you'll experience it at that point. It's important, once you start feeling better, that you mind your doctor's instructions, especially on the "no lifting, no pushing, no pulling" part.

Between 6-8 weeks, with the exception of the fatigue, you'll be feeling better and most, if not all, of your restrictions will be lifted. You'll wear out quickly, though, and simply lack some of the stamina you once had. The hormonal issues will likely be evening out by this point. You may notice that during ovulation, you still experience PMS symptoms.

I'm 8 months post-op. I am 100% healed - and no longer experience anything except PMS during ovulation. I keep trying to tell my body we don't need to do that anymore (the PMS!) but she isn't listening!

Rest - and be well!
Unread 07-25-2016, 04:54 PM
5 days post hysterectomy: Did anyone get the plate # of the truck that hit me ��

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleni67 View Post
Hi everyone,

I had total hyster and kept my overies on July 20th (abdominal bikini incision).

So this is day 5 huh..
I'm feeling so exhausted from doing absolutely nothing and still feeling discomfort and pain.
I guess I keep wondering when will I start to feel like me again ?

Thanks for listening, so glad I found you sisters !
Eleni

OMG!
Those around me along with myself jokingly say that all the time. LOL.

All joking aside though, you did have major surgery. One day/week at a time. You are going to get there. Listen to your body. Small walks then rest in between each one. Think of it like your adventure (cause when had you had time off to focus like this before).

You got this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2016, 05:30 PM

I also had a total abdominal hysterectomy (due to severe endometriosis) and kept my ovaries. I also had a cyst removed on my left ovary. You are only on day 5? Oh I remember Day 5 very well. I also remember day 6, 7, 8, 9, 10… You get the picture! My first two weeks were quite miserable with pain. The pressure from the gas pain....oh my!!!! I was given dilaudid in the hospital as morphine didn't touch my pain! The first week home was probably the most challenging week I've ever faced in my life. So you are not alone! I did not find this website until several weeks after my hysterectomy. I am now 7 weeks postop tomorrow and I can look back on this journey as a one day at a time, usually one hour at a time, kind of a journey. I encourage you to make a daily journal of what activities you did each day, how many painkillers you took and when, notes on what you're experiencing, etc. I am so glad I did that as I can now look back on how far I have come in these seven weeks. Nothing can prepare you for the major surgery you just had. This website is filled with women who have gone through what you're going through. Truly nobody understands like the women on this website! I wish you the best of luck in your recovery. Take it one hour at a time if you have to!
Unread 07-25-2016, 06:51 PM

Thank you all for sharing and reading my post I really appreciate it !
Hugs to everyone for speedy recoveries !
Unread 07-25-2016, 07:26 PM
Re: Did anyone get the plate # of the truck that hit me 🙄

I knew it was majour surgery but honestly thought I'd be back to myself in a week lol :/ day ten is almost under my belt ( ouch, even the mere thought of a belt is not good!) I don't feel horrible today, but I'm a looooong ways from feeling like myself lol
Unread 07-26-2016, 06:30 AM
Re: 5 days post hysterectomy: Did anyone get the plate # of the truck that hit me ��

Eleni... Probably the same one that hit all of us! In this day of instant solutions and quick fixes, we've gotten accustomed to getting over everything as if it were the stomach bug. With this surgery, recovery is in terms of weeks rather than days. I knew it was major when my doc told me I'd be under general anesthesia (instead of an epidural), but I didn't know how long I'd be out of commission until I took a hysterectomy prep class 4 days prior. Sharing all that with my family was a trip as I watched them go from surprised to stunned. The teen's jaw hitting the countertop was priceless - she'd been through wisdom teeth surgery (all 4 at once) and thought she understood.

At day 5 I was still on pain meds, still sleeping 10 hours a day and still foggy from surgery. I started resuming some normalcy in my 3rd week, but really started turning the corner in week 4, feeling human again. The post op videos here are a great resource, Recovery Videos and FAQ.
Rest well!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register