Feel awful -- need to vent | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feel awful -- need to vent Feel awful -- need to vent

Unread 06-12-2002, 06:05 AM
Feel awful -- need to vent

Hi ladies--

As you all know by now, I'm on the Doxil chemotherapy. I just have to vent -- I'm feeling awful. I have a terrible case of atrophic vaginitis (not sure if it is from the Doxil or the TAHBSO) -- in either case, my Internal Medicine MD put me on Estrace cream last Friday, which is helping, but I am still feeling pretty miserable. (I was too chicken to go to my Gyn Onc about this...)This is probably more of a Hormone Jungle-type of question, but for you ladies who are on HRT -- how long did it take before you felt better? I've been on the Estrace since last Friday and feel some improvement, but I still feel itchy and painful by the end of the day. I called the Gyn Onc resident on call over the weekend and she had some good suggestions (cold bath, vaseline, aloe vera gel), but I still feel crummy. I'm going back to my Internal Medicine MD this Friday and am going to ask him about other HRT options, like Estring and Vagifem. Also, my hands and feet are also burning from the Doxil -- I had to have my wedding ring cut off this week because my hands are so swollen. My feet are also swollen and painful -- the Gyn Onc nurse didn't have many good suggestions, so I'm taking some Vicodin I have left over. All in all, this whole experience really is awful, and I hope that the chemo is working; otherwise, I just don't want to do this anymore. I feel like I'm running out of strength. Sorry to be such a downer, but I just had to get all of this off of my chest...

I love you all,

Cyndy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2002, 07:09 AM

{{{Cyndy}}}

I am so sorry you are having a rough go-round here. I am upping my prayers for you immediately!

I wish I could answer your question about HRT, but I don't take it. I remember reading comments from some of the other girls about this, but I can't recall exactly what they said. What about Vitamin A and/or E oil, or calendula oil? Calendula is supposed to be very healing and soothing, so maybe you could ask about that. I've used it on my tender vaginal incision when the scar tissue was so bad, and it really helped.

Hang in there, Cyndy! The chemo just HAS to be working. Keep the faith--you'll soon get to a point of health.

Unread 06-12-2002, 07:25 AM

{{Cyndy}}

Absolutely NO need to apologize for venting, when you're feeling that down you need to get it out.

's to you!

I have also had problems with the vaginitis and was given the Vagifem to use and others have used the Estring, you might also pop over and do a search in the Desert forum, we were discussing this not too long ago. I do notice a difference since I've begun using this, I'm not having the burning, uncomfortable feeling that I was and he only has me on a twice weekly dosage, I've seen others who use it daily I believe.

One thing I read about having problems with this is to try and stay away from Antihistamines, they will also cause "dryness".

I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time with the chemo, is there anything that they can give you to help the side effects? I can understand how frustrated you are, how soon are you due for blood work to be done to check the progress of the treatments?

As always, I'll be keeping you in my prayers. Please keep us posted and if you have any questions, feel free to holler anytime.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2002, 10:14 AM
{{{{Cyndy}}}}

Oh cyndy, Sweetie,
I'm so sorry you're having a hard time right now. Ya know, YOU are one STRONG lady!! You've faced this treatment with so much spunk! I'm so PROUD of you Cyndy! With all the things you have going on with your treatment, you still come here and encourage us! You have such a sweet spirit about you! I just want to ya! You were there for me and I want to be here for you.

I know your hands and feet are sore and peeling and that hurts, but, it WILL get better. My nurses always put cold towels on my feet and hands when I was getting chemo, I don't know what it did but I didn't get alot of blisters. I did have alot of swelling though, and I had to have my wedding band cut off too. I know it's hard, it's very hard, and it's OK to CRY!! Cry when ever you feel like it! I did, and I'm telling you, it releases alot of stress. Cyndy, please know that I'm here and the other ladies are here and anytime you need to vent or cry, come on and DO IT! I'm an email away sweetie and I have BIG shoulders.

NOw, lets get mad at this CANCER and send it where it belongs! OK?
YOu CAN DO THIS CYNDY! I KNOW you CAN!! Hang in there!
There are many many prayers going up for YOU, and I just know the treatment IS WORKING.
I'm behind you all the way Cyndy, it'll be over soon! Then you can heal. God is going to do a work in you, I just feel it!
Love ya lots and lots!
's and 's and 's again

PS: The vagifem fixed me right up but it took it 2 weeks of everyday use, now I just use it twice a week.
Unread 06-12-2002, 11:23 AM
CINDY !

I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE ALSO IN MY PRAYERS !

HUGS,

LANA
Unread 06-12-2002, 02:14 PM
Rant, Vent, Cry All You Want

Badgers do this too. One thing I've heard is to keep hands/feet in ice water while getting the Doxil or else put ice packs on them at that time. Some people have had success with that. Let's hope those numbers show a drop--maybe you feel so rotten because the cancer cells are putting up a fight and the Doxil is fighting harder to knock them out!
Unread 06-12-2002, 06:26 PM

hi, cyndy
oh, i'm sorry you feel so bad , but this will all be over
soon and you'll be back to normal.
it's good to vent and cry too.
your also not running out of strenght. your just down right now
that's all.
about your chemo, i am sure it's working hon.

come on, keep your chin up, we need ya too you know.
you will be fine.
it will be all worth it when you find out all the bad cells are gone!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register