MRI chat today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

MRI chat today MRI chat today

Unread 06-12-2002, 04:14 PM
MRI chat today

had the mri done on my hip last week...got results today. it showed that i have bursitus in the right hip which could or not be causing my right groin pain (huh?) so again he asks me where is your pain?---in my groin---and he says doesn't it hurt here? (on the outside of my hip). this was all kind of strange. but anyway he gave me a shot of cortisone in my hip, said to give it a week and see if i feel any better. if i do then this is the problem, if i don't then he can't help me and i need to see a general surgeon (again). he feels it's a femoral hernia or "something gynocological". so at least he has tried to help me and now i just have to wait some more.
oh and after he gave me the shot he says...it will feel better for a few hours, then it's going to hurt worse, then feel better in 3-4 days!
oh and my DD can finally go out after her tonsilectomy---a 17 yr old in the house for 7 days straight---you'd think i was trying to kill her and she's feeling MUCH better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2002, 04:20 PM
MRI chat today

Cynthia, did he say what the symptoms of a femoral hernia were? I have right sided groin pain as well that's why I ask (also goes into my hip)
Unread 06-12-2002, 04:44 PM
MRI chat today

he really didn't say what the symptoms were but thought that could be my problem. i have constant groin pain, a dull ache, and then i have "knife stabbing" pains right up into the groin on the right side. and of course my right hip does hurt (and he told me it should from what the mri said) the pain in my groin is the one i'm having the trouble living with. please let me know what you find out and i will do the same. i haven't been able to find out too much info anywhere but i kind of feel that a femoral hernia is my problem. i do know they are more common in women who have had pregnancies (i've had 3), sometimes they cause pain in the groin and sometimes not, some people can see or feel a lump in the groin when they are standing up (i can't). so i'm really kind of lost. good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2002, 06:34 PM
MRI chat today

Cynthia: I hope they have this all figured out for you & hopefully you dont have to have more surgery. I have left-side groin pain- very low - but my leg & hip dont hurt on that side. Its my other leg that has been killing me (maybe its that referred pain- ). He is right about the cortisone shots- they hurt for a couple days & then you'll be fine. I had cortisone shots in the palms of my hands recently & it helped considerably. Unfortunately i think i will need another set of them soon. My ortho. dr. keeps pushing for me to have surgery done & i just dont want to do it.
I'm glad your teenager survived her 7 week bondage to the house -Lol !! I have a 17 yr. old DS & i know exactly what you mean!!
Take care & let us know how you are doing.

Susan
Unread 06-13-2002, 05:11 AM
MRI chat today

Cynthia,
I'm sorry you didn't get any concrete answers, but it does sound like it's a place to start. I hope the cortisone shot helps.

I'm happy to hear that your dd has recovered nicely.
Unread 06-13-2002, 08:33 AM
MRI chat today

thanks Cynthia, your pain sounds alot like my right sided pain(the best it ever gets is a dull ache and the more I do the sharper the pain gets, goes down into groin and right hip)...the general surgeon said he thought mine could be a trapped nerve in which case there was nothing he could do, he did feel around and said he couldn't feel a hernia but would look during surgery.......I just wonder if it will be obvious if that's what it is?

Hang in there and for sure I will let you know if I hear more and you do the same!! 's!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register