Can you believe this? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can you believe this? Can you believe this?

Unread 06-13-2002, 05:18 AM
Can you believe this?

Well, the story never ends. Sorry about all of this venting, but this just steams me. Two weeks ago, I started having the vaginal itching and pain and called the Gyn Onc resident on call over the weekend. He told me to go to Urgent Care, which I did. They gave me some steroid cream which worked for awhile. Then I called my Gyn Onc's office the next week and told them about it. They hemmed and hawed and said, "Well, go and see a regular gynecologist or your regular internal medicine doctor." (By the way, they were very rude, as usual). So I went and saw my internal medicine doctor and she gave me Estrace, which worked for awhile, but the itching came back. SO, I went and talked to the Gyn Onc nurse here at the hospital about it yesterday. She was VERY ANGRY with me and said, "Well, why didn't you come here first?" I was so flabbergasted, I forgot to say that they told me to see my regular doctor and Urgent Care and is my usual, I started to cry. The nurse finally softened up and made an appointment this morning to see my regular Gyn Onc (which, of course, I am terrified about, but I'm going with a friend). All in all, I'm just so upset that they blew me off the first two times I complained to them, and then yelled at me for not seeing them first. This just brings me to tears, and I'm just so sick of crying. This is just a neverending nightmare and I am wondering why the Lord is putting me through this. I know that there are people who are suffering worse than me and I feel guilty for complaining, but why did the nurse at Gyn Onc have to yell at me? I'm just dreading going down there this morning. I'm probably going to tell my doctor about what happened, just so he is aware.

Whew, sorry about this long post, but I just had to get it off my chest. I was crying about this last night (and of course, my husband took the Gyn Onc nurse's side, which also infuriates me. Thank goodness he is out of town today, or he would get another piece of my mind -- we argued on the phone last night).

I love you all,

Cyndy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2002, 06:50 AM
Can you believe this?

s Cyndy

I'm so sorry you are upset. This whole darn issue is just wearing you down.
It sounds to me like that oncology nurse has an attitude. A rotten attitude. Perhaps she needs to move on to another area. That is just not acceptable.
Until they walk in our shoes.........
I hope you tell your doctor about that nurse's attitude as well.
Also I think your poor husband just wants to solve all your problems so badly, and finding he is unable to. Sometimes husbands have to minimize complaints to be able to stay in their comfort zone. (does this make sense)
Anyway, I am glad you have a friend going with you this morning.
Please post after.

karenann
Unread 06-13-2002, 02:56 PM
Can you believe this?

Oh ((((Cyndy))))
Hugs hon!!!
Good lord, you are not dealing with enough already, without having to put up with nasty nurses!!!!!

Don't feel badly for venting here!! We all understand and its not good to keep it inside! I've said it before.....we can't be "there" for ya, but we sure can be "here" for ya!

Sounds like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, and they lay into you for their own miscommunications!! Its very hard and very maddening and you are right to be ticked about it

I hope your appt. today went better and you got this all straightened out so everyone is on the same wavelength!

Sending warm hugs, and lots of love and you are in my prayers always!!
M. xoxo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2002, 03:32 PM
When it Rains, It Really Thunderstorms

I don't know what it is with some medical people--if they have to get a hard attitude to deal with the sickness and suffering and people they can't help to make it through or if they just truly don't care. You needn't tell me about rudeness and the run around--you're told to go there, you go there, someone else is mad because you went there--all this while trying to fight cancer. Vent all you want--I'll watch for a mushroom cloud on the West side and you watch for one on the East side and we'll each know it's the other who's finally had enough and exploded! Maria and Karenann gave you some good advice--and please update us! Madison traffic! Back in 1971 I drove some Australian visitors from Madison to DeForest in morning rush hour--which back then was nothing. These two men had navigated on their own the Los Angeles freeways and didn't know what the big deal was about them. They thought Madison's Isthmus was a hundred times worse! Couldn't believe it! Another
Unread 06-13-2002, 03:35 PM
Can you believe this?

{{{Cyndy}}}

I saw your post this morning before work but didn't have time to reply right then. I am so sorry this happened to you. You know, if people would just stop for a minute to think before they ever spoke, things like this wouldn't happen. You can only do what they tell you and it isn't YOUR fault if they don't tell you correctly. You have every right to be upset about this.

I hope your appointment went well and that they are able to give you something to ease your discomfort.

's and 's
Unread 06-13-2002, 04:45 PM
Can you believe this?

CYNDY S

THIS NURSE IS A NON-CARING STUPID WOMEN IF YOU ASK ME!!

YES, YOU SHOULD TELL YOUR DOCTOR, THE NERVE!!!
SOMETIMES I THINK, THEY THINK THEY ARE GOD!!
SO UNCARING AND SELFISH, OH, THAT BURNS ME!!
BOY, I WISH I WAS THERE WITH YOU.

PLEASE DON'T CRY ANYMORE, AS I HAVE TOLD YOU, THIS WILL ALL BE OVER SOON AND YOU'LL BE BACK TO NORMAL CYNDY.
AND 1 MORE BIG
Unread 06-13-2002, 10:48 PM
SO SORRY

I am sure mad for you.... I hope you gave her a big ear full. This has happened to me time and time again. It makes you feel so un cared for, but also, no one should assume that you are ignorant. Too bad a lot of nurses do just that. They are only mad at themselves for not going to Med school and take it out on their patients!!!! My sister is a nurse, brother a doctor- I have heard and seen a lot.

You hang in there girl- you are amart, stong and don't let them get to you! Make complaints to the head nurse, you will be heard. Thinking of you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register