Finally, a major major crying jag post hyst | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Finally, a major major crying jag post hyst Finally, a major major crying jag post hyst

Unread 06-13-2002, 08:18 AM
Finally, a major major crying jag post hyst

Despite being a living breathing tribute to Murphy's Law (anything that CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong) since my hyst, I have pretty much remained in good spirits. Frustrated, but still in control. Went to the doctor yesterday, sat down and completely rehashed what all has happened - cyst, adhesions, yeast, incision infection, c-diff from meds to clear the infection, bad side effects of the medication to clear the c-diff, and now to top it off I now have oral thrush from the meds to clear the c-diff plus we're not sure that the c-diff is really under control. Walking thru all the "uglies" that have occurred in the last nine months really got me worked up, was choking back tears as the doc kept saying "its ok, we're going to get all this under control".

Went home last night and just sobbed. I haven't cried that hard since the day before my hyst, and I wish I could say that it made me feel better to just get it "out of my system" but it didn't. The doc wanted to write me a script to help cope with the anxiety, but that stuff just makes me feel worse. Still a sappy, teary eyed mess today.

Hopefully its ok for me to just say that I'm completely fed up, frustrated to no end, and I expected to be ALL BETTER long before now but instead it just keeps ending up one stupid thing after another. Why the heck couldn't I have been one of those folks who has their hyst and everything is just WONDERFUL afterwards??!! This is like a really bad movie!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2002, 08:55 AM

{{{{Lisa}}}}
Oh, I do so know how you feel. Go ahead and cry! I've done it and believe it or not it does help.

I've often thought why me? I never did come up with an answer to that question.

<----Kim's crying with Lisa. We can cry together my friend.

Hang in there, somehow someway we will all make it thru this.
Unread 06-13-2002, 09:53 AM
Hold on to those Kleenex!!!

Hi Lisa,

Sorry you're feeling . I think it's perfectly reasonable to feel bad about what's been going on with your health. I agree with Kim that it *does* help to cry. It may not feel like it right away, but to deny those feelings would only give you more problems in the future.

I remember driving home in tears from the follow up appoinment with my general surgeon (who had been called in emergency to assist in the hyst-from-hell) after he said that I had indeed acquired a hernia, and that it would need surgery. More surgery? I couldn't believe it! Six months prior I had ripped apart my Achille's tendon and needed surgery, then the hyst., and now this? I felt like a freak. I remember looking around at the other people in their cars and thinking, "This does NOT happen to other people!".

Then I had the hernia repair and it was complicated by adhesions and my "overnight" surgery turned into a five-day ordeal!

I have my annual gyn exam coming up in a few weeks. I'm so scared she is going to find something wrong! I don't know what I'll do. But if that happens I feel like I deserve to cry. I realize other sisters have had a lot more to deal with, but this is plenty for me!

Go ahead and cry--as long as it takes. Unless you really begin to feel hopeless and stop enjoying the other pleasures in life, I think it's a good thing to do!

Take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2002, 09:43 PM

Lisa,

It's perfectly okay to say you're totally fed up, and this is one of the best places in the world to say it. I even understand the extra frustration when you have a good cry and you don't feel better afterwards. Sometimes the little endorphin boost your body is supposed to cough up after the tears just doesn't show up.

Vent all you like. We're here to listen. I hope the next time you shed tears, you a little release along with them. They're a great gift. Sometimes you need to kind of let go and break down, and sometimes the stress is so bad that it takes more than a day to do it. Hang in there.
Unread 06-14-2002, 12:25 AM

Lisa:

I'm crying with you girl ! I'm so sorry you are feeling so bad. The others are right- crying IS good for you. It can do a lot of damage to you to hold it in - lord knows we have enough already. And we are here to listen to you- so dont feel bad about talking about it-
I know i have had plenty of those days lately here myself. I have come close to breaking down & bawling at work because of the combination of the stress at work & my pain. Boy would that be embarrassing !
I hope you get to feeling better real soon - remember, we are here for you !

(((((((hugs)))))))

Susan
Unread 06-14-2002, 08:34 AM
I'm crying with you too :(

I thought I wouldn't need too many paper products in the house (besides the obvious) but I always need to have Kleenex. I can understand how this hit you like a mac truck. I remember the day when I had my first meltdown...my first of many...over these post-op problems. Letting the tears come is a good thing....a release that we definitely need. It's okay....we're here with you, and we understand.

Unread 06-14-2002, 08:14 PM

((((Lisa))))) Add my tears to that of the others

Sweetie: the others are right, crying does help. It releases the tension and allows your system to deal with the stress. And dealing with the stress, sometimes, helps heal the body.

We're all here for you, as we are here for all those who are walking this darn, long road

(((Kim))) (((vlt))) (((Susan))) (((Denise))) (((Jude))): my tears are for you too and all of you wonderful women who are dealing with the chronic pain and symptoms that are keeping you on this Road. We will find a way out.... eventually.

Unread 06-15-2002, 10:13 AM
can't cry

I wish I *could* cry! I haven't cried since last November upon realizing I might need another surgery. I couldn't even cry last week when our cat, who's been with us for 10 years, died suddenly of heart failure.

There have been many times when I've wanted to cry, at work, at the mall, in the dr's office, but I've held it in, tried to "reschedule" it when it's more convenient! Ridiculous, I know, but now I'm home post-op and I have a sad movie that might trigger the floodgates. I feel that once I start I won't be able to stop. I don't think I'm a real control freak, but I guess I just can't allow myself that release.

Other than the sad movie, any ideas on how to let go and let it out? I'm sure I'd feel better.
Unread 06-15-2002, 02:33 PM

((((Pat))))) I'm so sorry you've had such a hard time since your hyst Hopefully, this surgery will be the last for a long, long time and there will be no need for further tears.

I do hope you can get the release you you need.
Unread 06-17-2002, 06:55 PM

Lisa, you and me both!!!!!!!!

I want to be one of the "happy hysts"!!! I have to laugh ....everytime I think of this....when I was in the pre surgery area, the nurses could see how nervous I was about the surgery...and they came over to brighten my day and they actually said..."but this is a happy surgery"......hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......Oh happy day!!!.....

Well, from the moment that well meaning nurse said that, till now, my life has been like a roller coaster of complications.....are we entitled to get mad? and cry? and stomp? and eat chocolate? YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!

so, just know that on your darkest days, there is a hyster sister out there to help you share it in spirit......we are here sista woman!.....keep us posted....we care....bj

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register